Need LEAF Owner in/near Escondido, CA to help test QC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstack6

Any LEAF owners with the CHAdeMO fast port in Escondido that could drop by a Fast Charger and check it as a Car Charging tech fixes it?

Please email if you can help out sometime next week. Today is 1/29/2015 [email protected] , Jim Stack, PHX EAA
We assist them in the Phoenix area but don't know who could do your area. They are very helpful and will give you credits for free charging on the Fast Chargers.

Thanks Victor is out there and got one fixed and is working to get the other one up. That will make a lot of drivers happy in the area. I hope these QC get more reliable and less vandals in the future.

I can confirm that the Del Lago QC is back up and running, but Best Western is still down. Interestingly the Best Western had a white LEAF parked in front of the QC (so I had my hopes that it was working), but it wasn't plugged in and the screens said something like "port out of service". If Victor needs a tester in the future in the area, feel free to send him my contact details and I'll help if I can.

BTW - the Best Western has just about the worst parking setup I've ever seen for charging - unless you have a handicap placard. There's two spots for the dual-head Blink QC, but one of those spots is marked as handicap only. And the L2 station is in another handicap spot and the cord won't reach any other parking spot except for the handicap QC spot.

Here's a pic from PlugShare:
12055.jpg

I posted on PS last week during testing at the T.O.Blink QC that I "fixed" (if you'll call it that) the left side touchscreen. Basically people have been reporting it DOA forever..(aka not responding to touch) well after various JdeMO testing.. I hard reset the entire unit and BAM!

Please touch the screen to begin calibration! :roll:

It now works :lol:

But I hear the other Blink DC units are vandalized :cry:

Back