EV Meet and Breakfast, Feb 7, 2015, San Diego

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

EV Meet and Breakfast, Feb 7, 2015, San Diego

9:30am until 11:30am

Hamburger Factory Restaurant
14122 Midland Rd,
Poway, CA 92064
(858) 486-4575

We have a private room reserved in the back. Just ask your hostess to direct you. Please park directly across the street from the “train station” in the large gravel parking lot.

For cars coming from counties to the north (Los Angeles / Orange / Riverside / San Bernadino), you can recharge at up to 40 amps at my house that is nearby.

There is a Nissan dealer approximately one mile away with a 44kW CHAdeMO charger, in addition to numerous others within 20 miles of this venue.

This breakfast is now in its 4th year.

Just saw this. Plan to make it unless something comes up at last minute.

Are they still doing the nearby farmers market in winter time? Always some great fresh vegetables, fruits, food and others goodies there.

lkkms2 said:
Just saw this. Plan to make it unless something comes up at last minute.

Are they still doing the nearby farmers market in winter time? Always some great fresh vegetables, fruits, food and others goodies there.

Yes, so very competitive for parking!!! Our reserved breakfast spot is in the back at 9:30am.

image.jpg1_1.jpg

Tony, Thanks for setting up the meeting.

I meet

- a fellow EV driver within walking distance (15 minutes) from my home! That I might never have meet.

- a fellow EV driver that just got solar installed, now less than $4/kW!

- and many others!

It is amazing the diversity of EVs being driven now, not all Leafs any more! And the diversity of people.
From the response in MyNissanLeaf Forum I thought initially there would only be a handful of people at the meeting. Amazing what using different social media groups can do.

Yes, a lot of folks are generally surprised at the turnout, but frankly, that was a small gathering compared to what we had in the early LEAF days.

Thanks for coming!

Ikkms2,
Perhaps you meant $4 per watt, installed, not per kW?

Some folks here are adding panels to their solar systems, and
I believe that they got the panels for less than 80 cents per watt,
not installed, of course.
So, the panel prices have come down substantially in the last
6 years, it would appear.

Glad that you enjoyed Tony's fine, fun, friendly EV gathering.
I want to make it down there when it does not conflict with
the Orange County (called SoCal...) Gathering, driving my
new silver "Nicolas" vehicle. However, my dear "Maple"
now needs to find another owner.

Cheers, Gary

garygid said:
Tony,
I do not see the JAMP Jr on your store's web site.
Am I missing something, or is it coming soon?
Cheers, Gary

It is coming. We won't relaese until we have 100 built, and in stock. Like all production things, getting all the suppliers lined up can be a challenge.

We ordered some NEMA 14-50 plugs from China. I told them that I needed it "quicker" than 12-18 weeks on a slow boat.

I got the bill for $2200 from Fedex for 100. Hopefully, just a few more weeks.

Back