Vacaville QC replacement at Davis St

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMaS

Hello,
this is a local discussion opportunity for evs along the I-80 corridor (Northern CA between Bay Area and Sacramento).

As some of you know the current Eaton QC is non-operational; it was incorrectly installed into the line after the solar panel inverter and before the transformer. It is frying the QC and many parts have been replaced without the main problem fixed. Although I still think it is fried on purpose. And now it is down for good until we can come up with a solution.
So there is a proposal just to hand it over to NRG / eVgo (which I hate) or to form a user group. The power for the unit is free but the basic problem with the connection and further maintenance has to be figured out (city of Vacaville has no money for this purpose).
I believe we could do this as a group but it has to be many more than myself and only if we form a user group.
We will probably have a local meeting but I want many voices heard
So let's open the discussion.
e

There is still a transformer there.
If the Solar Panels are turned off it works fine
And it seems that the Solar System is putting DC onto the ground busbar.
A solar company is looking at it
hope it is up soon

At this stage Eaton does not suggest operating the charger, the installation is not correct. SacEV will work with Square D by Schneider Electric & the City for estimate. Good news is the solar array inverter is working and no damage to the DC QC. The charger will work but isn't on at this point.

We have repaired the Inverter. The DC QC is in the same condition it was before the July fail, it will work but with unpredictable input power.. Donovan Grey at Eaton corporation and Eaton does not recommend operating this DC QC in the current installation configuration. The QC is locked out

Back