Pilot oppty: $100 plus EVSE circuit metering for CA EV cust

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

This pilot program might be of interest to Calif EV drivers who are customers of PG&E, SCE or SDG&E:

Free metering for your EVSE circuit(s) for 12 months, plus a free meter plus $100 for your participation.

I just happened to see this on Facebook. I have no connection with this program, so don't ask me about it. :D

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15fELqstkgxjnLMpWmpCECkaDI5DAdmdBYQ4MZsYCQII/viewform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hsriser said:
My access to google docs is blocked at my workplace. Is there any way you can post the Facebook url or attach the document here?
Seriously? Google Docs is blocked but Facebook isn't? Your workplace needs to get their priorities straight... :lol:

The link take you to the follow "form" to fill out if you are interested . . .

California Electric Vehicle Submetering Pilot - Interest Form
Glen Canyon is a California based company that builds and operates advanced electricity meters worldwide. Glen Canyon and its partners are providing meters for the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Electric Vehicle Submetering Pilot.In this Pilot Program, Glen Canyon, the CPUC and California Utilities offer to meter your existing EV charging setup for a period of 12 months without cost to you.

Please use this form to indicate your interest in participating in the pilot. Fill out one form for each location you are an authorized utility account customer (home, workplace, commercial facility). Your contact information will only be used for purposes of the Submetering Pilot.

Participants will receive:

$100 Incentive (possibly more + free meter!)
Access to preferential EV Residential Rates from the Utility
Access to Electric Vehicle Energy Usage Information by Wi-Fi in the home
Additional Incentives for Business Accounts

Satisfaction knowing you are helping EV progress!

This form is to indicate your interest and in no way obligates you to participate in the pilot. Please direct any questions to [email protected]. You may also reach us @ 408-837-CPUC (2782)

* Required

First Name *

Last Name *

Email Address *

Used to contact you regarding your interest in participating in EV Submetering Pilot

Phone Number *

Used to contact you regarding your interest in participating in EV Submetering Pilot

Utility Account Type *

Select the type of utility account for this location
Residential
Commercial

Solar - NEM Account *

Does this location have solar and NEM (Net Energy Metering)
Yes
No

Utility *

Select the utility providing power to your location
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
Southern California Edison (SCE)

Level 2 Charging *

Select the number of Level 2 EVSE and or 208V/240V outlets you would like to submeter at this location - (Limit of 19 Submeters per location/main utility meter)
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Level 1 EVSE *

Select the number of Level 1 EVSE you would like to submeter at this location - 120V Outlets using Plug-In "Travel Cord". (Limit of 19 Submeters per location/main utility meter)
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Internet Access? *

The standard meter configuration will utilize a secure outbound connection over wifi. Please confirm type of internet access.
WiFi Ethernet Wifi & Ethernet No Internet Access

Questions / Comments?

Please provide any additional information, questions or comments regarding the pilot.

Work in the Energy or EV Industry?

Please indicated if you are involved in the Energy or EV industries and are interested in enrolling your clients or customers in the submetering pilot.
Yes
No

How did you learn about this Pilot?

Never submit passwords through Google Forms.

I got this response when I checked that link today.

California Electric Vehicle Submetering Pilot - Interest Form
The form "[Glen Canyon] California Electric Vehicle Submetering Pilot - Interest Form" is no longer accepting responses

:(

The Glen Canyon offer mentioned up-thread has not materialized, and the company dropped out of the CPUC submetering pilot last summer.

However, if you have a pre-existing NRTL-certified charging station, you can request a certified WiFi-enabled WattBox™ submeter from eMotorWerks now. This submeter comes in a waterproof UL-listed enclosure, and it would be installed alongside your existing charging station. A WattBox will allow us to enroll you in the pilot, and get you onto the preferential time-of-use tariff.

There is no charge for WattBox. Moreover, eMotorWerks will contribute up to $100 towards the installation of a WattBox submeter under the terms of the PEV Pilot, which in our experience should in most cases fully offset your electrician’s bill. The installation process itself is very straightforward, and it will only take about half an hour or so.

Please feel free to peruse the WattBox FAQ for additional information. The signup form for the WattBox PEV Pilot offer is referenced below. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through email ([email protected]) or through our Power Users group on Facebook.

http://emotorwerks.com/free-wattbox

Click to open

Back