Nissan of Van Nuys - No Leaf Tech

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoaty

FYI: A quick heads up for those of you thinking about getting your annual battery check at Nissan of Van Nuys (Los Angeles area). I scheduled an appointment battery check done today, but when I got there they told me they haven't had a Leaf tech for about a month and couldn't do the check. I am now scheduled for Nissan of downtown L.A. for a week from today; they assured me they have several Leaf techs.

Stoaty said:
FYI: A quick heads up for those of you thinking about getting your annual battery check at Nissan of Van Nuys (Los Angeles area). I scheduled an appointment battery check done today, but when I got there they told me they haven't had a Leaf tech for about a month and couldn't do the check. I am now scheduled for Nissan of downtown L.A. for a week from today; they assured me they have several Leaf techs.

I bought my Leaf at Van Nuys. Surprised they don't have a Leaf Tech. The sales guy, Michael Skierka, was pretty knowledgable about the Leaf.

dgalvan said:
I bought my Leaf at Van Nuys. Surprised they don't have a Leaf Tech. The sales guy, Michael Skierka, was pretty knowledgable about the Leaf.
They had a Leaf tech a year ago; I got my battery check there. This may be a temporary situation (tech left, got sick, etc.), but when I scheduled the appointment the service advisor was clueless. You can still get it done there if you want--they will send your Leaf over to Mission Hills Nissan to have it done. I wouldn't want to wait for the service to be done, though, especially since I could drive my Leaf over there myself. Nissan of downtown L.A. is about as close to me as Van Nuys, so I am going to give them a try.

Unfortunately, there is not a good Leaf dealership in the valley... Nissan of Mission Hills has one tech but they are anything but Leaf savvy...

dgalvan said:

I know that Nissan of Van Nuys is under relatively new ownership (used to be Miller Nissan until late last year) so hopefully this isn't an indication of how the new regime intends to treat EVs overall. At least there are other CHAdeMO sites in the valley - including the DWP one very close by.

Back