2 DCQC's now live at Irvine Spectrum Marriott Courtyard

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evoasis

Now Live and ready to use.
Safe travels everyone.
Angus
Address for Sat/Nav and other "finder" functions is:
Courtyard by Marriott Irvine Spectrum
7955 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618

Just another example of CA leading the US!! Good news indeed.

So why did Toyota recently announce that they were leaving Ca and moving to TX!!!???

Money rules?

Goodness goes down in defeat.

(Not that I was ever going to buy a Prius, but after this corporate move, not even a chance.)

Attachments

• car_cliff.jpg
    car_cliff.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 191
JeremyW said:
Excited to hear about a QC in Pasadena!! :)
+1. I'm also happy to see multiple QC units in a single location (Irvine Spectrum Marriott). This will significantly improve reliability and availability.

abasile said:
JeremyW said:
Excited to hear about a QC in Pasadena!! :)
+1. I'm also happy to see multiple QC units in a single location (Irvine Spectrum Marriott). This will significantly improve reliability and availability.
+1! Good stuff Angus - have you thought of installing a 2nd station in San Juan Capistrano? Two QCs will let you move a lot more vehicles through that location than two separate single stations without people having to wait.

$0.15/minute - that's only $9/hr - great price, much better than eVgo a-la-carte rates and the nearby $5/session QC rates at Quail Hill and Woodbury, which are only 20kW stations.

The I5/405 interchange will be well covered in QCs!

Evoasis said:
Hello to all MNL Forum members.
On July 1st, Evoasis will launch our newest location at Marriott Courtyard Irvine Spectrum in Orange County. The location will have two 44kW DC Quick-Charge units on the right side of the main entrance.
The exit is Alton Parkway off I-5, two exits North of the I-405 interchange. The 8-story 230 room Courtyard Irvine Spectrum is the newest hotel in Orange County and will be open just in time for 4th of July festivities. If you are going north for the 4th (hey that rhymes), be sure to make a plug-stop.
As we did at San Juan Capistrano, the units will be available gratis as we "burn-in" the EVSE gear.
Tariffs will be set at 15 Cents/Minute, All-Hours and of course, No Membership Fee.
We will retrofit card reader/merchant swipe system after the trial period and will accept all Credit/Debit and Chargepoint RFID cards, as well as Nissan EZ-Charge cards when available. Our San Juan Capistrano Residence Inn location will be priced at 15 Cents/Minute, All-Hours, beginning on July 1st 2014.
We will also be making EV's available at the Courtyard and Residence Inn locations this Summer on a by-the-hour basis, with no charge for "juice" when charging at check-out locations. HulaCar (High-Utilization, Local Access) services will be added to other hotels in our portfolio as the infrastructure comes online. Burbank and Pasadena, Tustin and Newport Beach will be added in the coming months.

I hope to see many of you on July 1st and throughout the Independence Day weekend.
Angus

Will these units be SAE as well or just CHAdeMO?

I can fill up my car for the price of one gallon of gas? You're going to go broke, sir! This is wonderful.

We've been hanging out at the Irvine Spectrum and wondering why no one thought to put charge stations there. Now, we'll have more choices. With all the infrastructure coming on line, I can think about actually using my LEAF for Orange County trips. And we have choices. Drive 70 MPH, fill up at SJC. Caught in traffic? Range goes up, skip SJC, and stop at the next one instead!

gbarry42 said:
I can fill up my car for the price of one gallon of gas? You're going to go broke, sir! This is wonderful.

What makes you think they're paying the electric bill?

Convenient pricing (per minute) and flexible paying (credit card).
Well done indeed.

With one QC station 5 miles north of my house, and another 9 miles south,
and charging by the minute rather than the session, I can now cut it a bit
closer coming home, and use a short quick charge to make it home, thanks.

Charging by the session can be expensive, especially if the LEAF requires two
sessions to get filled up. (The 2014 LEAF can fill in one session, I believe.)

Also, charging by the session will be a real bargain if one has an 80 kWh Tesla.

coolfilmaker said:
gbarry42 said:
I was thinking more along the lines of paying $100,000 for a DCFC installation, and then earning it back at $0.15 per minute. Even at 100% profit, and round the clock use, well, let's just say, we are not looking at the actual business plan :)

gbarry42 said:
coolfilmaker said:
gbarry42 said:
I was thinking more along the lines of paying $100,000 for a DCFC installation, and then earning it back at $0.15 per minute. Even at 100% profit, and round the clock use, well, let's just say, we are not looking at the actual business plan :)

It's all smoke and mirrors!!!

Some reconnaissance done on 4 July will serve as an answer:

DC_529.jpg

The hotel appears to be in a "real soon now" state. The chargers are in, but not powered. All dressed up, and nowhere to go.

DC_531.jpg

As far as charger location, this is along the front of the hotel, which faces Irvine Center Drive.

Hello Forum Members in SD/OC/LA and beyond. The 2 DC Quick Chargers are live at Courtyard Irvine Spectrum.
These have been enabled with the ChargePoint Network and the site address is:
7955 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine CA 92618
This Courtyard has a great lobby cafe with Starbucks, food and snacks and other libations.
Exit Alton Parkway from I-5 and go west to Irvine Center Drive (1st Right). Hotel entrance is on left with chargers located near front entrance on east side of forecourt.
Hope this makes the Corridor stops a bit more refreshing.
Cheers,
Angus
Note: Pricing is 15 Cents/Minute, All-Hours and no parking fee is in effect on the 4 designated EV spaces.

Excellent location. Great price! Thanks EVOASIS!

FYI for LEAF'ers: turn off car and plug in first, before swiping and activating the QC. I *think* the timer starts right away when the charger is activated. Being a non-frequent QC user (only because there's not a lot out there), it took me 5 min to figure out I had to turn off the car for the charger to start charging.

Back