From Tacoma WA to Bend OR!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauileaf

Alright, I've shipped my leaf from maui and it's going to start from Tacoma, WA and end route guidence in Bend Oregon.

Anyone do this before? I need your input and help with research.

I have QC port and might need to grab a few charge cards...?

Tacoma to Centralia (Wendy's AV) - 50 miles (Can stop in Tumwater if needed.)
Centralia to Castle Rock (Select Mart AV)
Castle Rock to Ridgefield (Country Kitchen AV)
Ridgefield to Wilsonville (Exit 283 - Blink)
Wilsonville to Salem (Exit 253 with right onto Highway 22/Mission Street right 0.7 miles into Power Nissan - Nissan Charger) this puts you onto Oregon Highway 22

Left from Power Nissan onto Eastbound Hwy 22/Mission Street to Mill City (Mountain Edge Café)
Mill City to Detroit (Mountain High Grocery)
Detroit to Sisters, Or (McDonalds)
Sisters to Bend

Mauileaf said:
Alright, I've shipped my leaf from maui and it's going to start from Tacoma, WA and end route guidence in Bend Oregon.

Anyone do this before? I need your input and help with research.

I have QC port and might need to grab a few charge cards...?

How is your battery after 18 months in Maui's rought climate? Do you know what your battery degradation % is?

Turnover said:
Left from Power Nissan onto Eastbound Hwy 22/Mission Street to Mill City (Mountain Edge Café)
I think the Mill City QC just started construction a few weeks ago. There's a good chance it's not operating yet. Same with the QC's in Warm Springs and Madras.

@mauileaf: If your car is already on the boat, I would order your card(s) quickly. Aerovironment was pretty quick to ship (about 1 week). Virtually all of the QC's you'll use on that route are AV chargers, and they will start charging fees on April 1.

http://evsolutions.avinc.com/services/subscriber_network" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blink, on the other hand, can take forever (my card took 9 weeks).

Best of luck with your trip, and be sure to let us all know how it went.

--G

The Warm Springs and Madras chargers are not operational. The last charger on Highway 26 heading east from Portland is at Government Camp. You can use it to get to Hood River (downhill), but it wouldn't work to go to Bend via Redmond (too much distance).

I lost one health bar level so far. I have 20,000 miles and have no clue about where these chargers are. I will have to do a google map planner to check it out. Thanks so much for the help everyone! I will keep a log somehow on the trip. Kinda scary actually haha-I did get a quote to ship the car from Tacoma to Bend for $400, but why not have a go at the anxiety trip?!

Okay here's the tentative plan:

http://mapq.st/1fvtL03" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

copy n paste

You have the Mill City QC on your route. As I said, it only started construction in late January. I would contact AV, ODOT and/or the site host to confirm that it is operational. Down one battery bar, it would be very difficult to get from Salem all the way up to Detroit Lake. And once you get to Mill City, you're kinda stuck. Not enough juice to get back, and (probably) not enough juice to go on.

--G

As someone else stated, just make sure that the chargers you plan on using are up and operational. Check on PlugShare.com and keep a back-up plan in mind. Getting your EVSE upgraded for 240 with some plug adapters from evseupgrade.com will also add some piece of mind since an RV park can provide electron juice in a pinch.

Oh by the way in case you were wondering. I ended up just shipping the car over from the port. :D

sproqitman said:
I want to know what you do for a living, because you get to live in places like Maui and Bend. And do you need a business partner?

And whatever it is he makes enough to ship his car all over the world!

So you can also Charge in Gold Beach Oregon, and in Bookings Oregon. I just Added a EVSE L2 Dock to the PlugShare Map For Brookings. and the One in Gold Beach is in the Center of Town Free of Charge at Panthers PiZZA,.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/46601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back