wwhitney
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011

Re: DST adjustment for PG&E E-6, E-7 and E-9 customers

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 pm

oakwcj wrote:I'm still waiting to have my NEM meter replaced with a smartmeter. PG&E took out my first smartmeter when I had solar installed, because they hadn't thought to program the smartmeters for TOU rates. When the upgrade is done is entirely at the discretion and whim of PG&E.

When I saw Nekota's post, I called the phone number on the web page he referenced, and PG&E told me they'd send out someone to change the meter within a week. So apparently they are responding to requests.

Cheers, Wayne

wwhitney

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:09 am

wwhitney wrote:When I saw Nekota's post, I called the phone number on the web page he referenced, and PG&E told me they'd send out someone to change the meter within a week. So apparently they are responding to requests.

And someone came out yesterday to change my meter. Pretty speedy.

Cheers, Wayne

oakwcj
Delivery Date: 19 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2441

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 am

wwhitney wrote:
wwhitney wrote:When I saw Nekota's post, I called the phone number on the web page he referenced, and PG&E told me they'd send out someone to change the meter within a week. So apparently they are responding to requests.

And someone came out yesterday to change my meter. Pretty speedy.

Cheers, Wayne

Thanks for the info.
Cayenne Red SL-e
Blink Installed 6/23/11

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 am

I am a E9 ratepayer who was told in August of 2011 I'd definitely get the SM installed in the first quarter of 2012.

Just called the # and was told I'd get a SM within a week.

I don't really believe it, but as compared to the many hours I've spent previously on the phone with PG&E, hearing:

We don't know when...

We don't know when, we will know when...

We don't know why, we don't know when, we will know when...

We don't know if, we will ever know why, we don't know when, we will know when...

We don't know why, we don't know if, we will ever know why, we don't know when, we will know when...

This call was nice change of pace.
no condition is permanent

oakwcj
Delivery Date: 19 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2441

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:14 am

My interaction with PG&E was not quite so copacetic. I called and was told that it was up to Wellington Energy. They told me to call Wellington. I called Wellington Energy and was told that they hadn't received a work order for my meter from PG&E, so their hands are tied. Typical PG&E bullshit.
Cayenne Red SL-e
Blink Installed 6/23/11

srl99
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2012

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:10 pm

If I have a smart meter will PG&E mainframes apply the correct rate to my hourly usage according to the Federally mandated start of DST or not?

wwhitney

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 pm

srl99 wrote:If I have a smart meter will PG&E mainframes apply the correct rate to my hourly usage according to the Federally mandated start of DST or not?

According to the representative I spoke with earlier this week, the smart meter will use the current beginning and ending dates of DST. Also, the representative said that my fixed monthly electric bill should drop significantly due to no longer paying to have my meter read.

Cheers, Wayne

DoxyLover
Delivery Date: 16 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 9214

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 pm

wwhitney wrote:
srl99 wrote:If I have a smart meter will PG&E mainframes apply the correct rate to my hourly usage according to the Federally mandated start of DST or not?

According to the representative I spoke with earlier this week, the smart meter will use the current beginning and ending dates of DST. Also, the representative said that my fixed monthly electric bill should drop significantly due to no longer paying to have my meter read.

Cheers, Wayne

AFAIK, that is incorrect... it's even written into the rate schedules! For example, in the E-6 schedule @ http://www.pge.com/tariffs/tm2/pdf/ELEC_SCHEDS_E-6.pdf, sheet 4:

DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ADJUSTMENT: The time periods shown above will begin and end one hour later for the period between the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in April, and for the period between the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in November.

The next step, hopefully, is for PG&E to amend the schedules to add "unless you are serviced through a Smart Meter" or such.
2011 Brilliant Silver Leaf SL
Reserved, quoted and ordered July 11, 2011
Delivered October 16, 2011 (Na. Plug-In Day)

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 am

wwhitney wrote:According to the representative I spoke with earlier this week, the smart meter will use the current beginning and ending dates of DST. Also, the representative said that my fixed monthly electric bill should drop significantly due to no longer paying to have my meter read.
Man, would I ever love to have your electric bill! My interpretation of "significantly" might be 5% or more. If I remember correctly, the meter read fee is $2/month, which would suggest you are paying $40/month or less. I have most of the south slope of my roof covered with solar panels, and I'm still paying an average of well over $100/month.

Ray
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

srl99
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2012

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 am

Stay tuned for the TV consumer reports "how many PG&E employees does it take to change a clock?". This is all re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. You want the SMUD (Sacramento) residential rates (ex: R-1).

Return to “Pacific USA”