CO Leaf Gathering/Rally?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudT

I searched through the archives and found that there seem to have been 2 Leaf "Gatherings" a few years back and an EV rally on the western slope. Are there any plans for (or is anyone interested in) some sort of gathering or Rally of Leaf owners here along the front range or Denver-Boulder metro? I know- that takes a bit of organizing and I'm not volunteering, but I just wanted to put the interest out there in case anyone else is thinking along those lines.

Colorado Springs has a large and growing ev club. csevc.com
Rally to cripple Creek next weekend, and up pikes peak in sept.

I recommend it. I did it last year. Topped off at CSU on Mesa Rd and still had 22% at top, back to 56% at bottom. I will probably go again this year.

remarquian said:
I just RSVP'd for the PP Climb on the 24th.

Coming down from Denver and planning on QC at the REI in CS.

Or go across the street to Woodmen Nissan and get the QC for free.

-- Nick

2k1Toaster said:
Or go across the street to Woodmen Nissan and get the QC for free.

-- Nick

Thanks for the advice.

I've still got No Charge to Charge, so it should effectively be free. And four months into the car, I still haven't used NCTC.

Yeah, if you have NCTC evgo is much faster, but woodmen Nissan is usually available. I will be doing the hill climb too. Glad I won't be the only leaf this year!

Nfuzzy said:
Yeah, if you have NCTC evgo is much faster, but woodmen Nissan is usually available. I will be doing the hill climb too. Glad I won't be the only leaf this year!

They are both L3s, why is the EvGo faster than Woodmen Nissan? Amperage?

Yeah, to be honest I don't recall exactly how many kW woodmen Nissan charges at, I just know some of those at the dealers are as low as 24 kW. EVGO I usually get up to 40 kW depending on SOC, temp, etc. So yes, not all L3 are created equal.

Back