Solar System in Colorado

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viktor

Hi there! Getting ready to pull the plug on my Solar system - can someone share the names of their installers/types of panels and the places to buy the panels here in CO? Seems like most of the discussion in the solar forum concentrate around CA.

I haven't installed yet, but I like the package Namaste Solar out of Boulder put together. Waiting for my city electric company to get with the program.

So 30% of construction in federal tax rebate, any additional state specific rebates? Xcell still offer additional rebates? IREA doesnt?

Got 30% federal, and then $1.50 per Watt from the local utility (Colorado Springs Utilities). Rocky Mountain Solar is who I went through, they do the whole front range and into Summit County as well. Turn Key solution, they pulled all the permits, did the paperwork, and everything. The installation was done well. I went up on the roof every day to inspect their work after they were gone for the day and I got back from work.

Anyone dealt with IREA - my understanding is they have no viable incentives for solar install and simply are against it - citing too high of a cost. And we cant really change electric provider here in CO, and these guys claim that since they are coop they can care less about utility commissioner or any other state officials for that matter.

I went with photon brothers. System went up a month ago. Best price by far that I found for sunpower panels though I only checked out a few others.

Viktor said:
Anyone dealt with IREA - my understanding is they have no viable incentives for solar install and simply are against it - citing too high of a cost. And we cant really change electric provider here in CO, and these guys claim that since they are coop they can care less about utility commissioner or any other state officials for that matter.
Most of the rural co-ops are very anti-renewables. And they do have less rigorous renewable energy requirements under state law (and keep trying to get those eased).

But not all co-ops are the same. Mine, San Miguel Power Association, is very pro-renewables, with generous incentives and a huge community solar array, because that reflects the views of the majority of their membership. You might want to talk to the co-op director for your district, attend board meetings, and otherwise lobby for a more renewable friendly policy. After all, they work for you. That won't help in the short run, but if enough co-op members make their feelings known, it might change things in the long run. As happened here.

Do you know if there is an upper limit to the federal credit we can claim for the solar system install - looks like thats the only incentive I can claim? Another related question - I would like to built solar awning and simultaneously expand my current porch - would the price of the porch construction also be tax write off - since I am basically just building a support for the solar awning?) Anyone got lumos panels installed - http://www.lumossolar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? They are local out of Boulder, but manufacture them in Canada. Anyone has experience with ordering panels online or have you just bought yours through the contractor?

I have also just bought ELR this year - expecting to get full refund of $7500 for it. Are those fedreal tax refunds can simply be combined with no issues? Can I get both 7500 plus lets say 30k for the solar panels install?

Back