I think I got a great deal in SLC.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaylanDarby

Red, 2015 Model S+ F01 (6.6W), B10 (Splash), L92 (Mats)

Purchased for out-the-door (including 6.85% sales tax, title, registration, fees, etc.) for $26597 (174 miles on it) from Ken Garff Nissan Salt Lake City
Additionally I expect a $7500 Fed tax 'credit' and a $1500 Utah tax rebate (Jumped from $605 to $1500 today 1/2/15).
I'm currently L1 Charging it, but might install the free L2 Nissan Charger when it arrives.

For the last ten years my Jeep has cost me about 48 cents/mile. My math says the LEAF should be less than 1/2 that (Free juice at work and with my 44 CS-250 solar panels at home).
The LEAF should be perfect for my daily (M-F) 34 mile round trip commute. I'm terrified (first new car) and excited.

What's one thing you wish an experienced EV user would have told you when you first bought/leased?

DaylanDarby said:
What's one thing you wish an experienced EV user would have told you when you first bought/leased?
The heater will greatly diminish the range. Didn't know that when I first got the car. Hadn't thought about it. Not a big deal, but it was the only information I learned after getting the car which altered how I use it in any way. In your case, with a 34 mile round trip, you shouldn't have to worry about it either way, unless you have some significant elevation changes over the trip.

That does sound like a good deal. I am envious of you having the 2015 battery. It appears that the 2015 battery will be much more durable than my 2012 version.

Have you used the new QC at Ken Garff and if so how did it work ?

DaylanDarby said:

Purchased for out-the-door (including 6.85% sales tax, title, registration, fees, etc.) for $26597 (174 miles on it) from Ken Garff Nissan Salt Lake City
Additionally I expect a $7500 Fed tax 'credit' and a $1500 Utah tax rebate (Jumped from $605 to $1500 today 1/2/15).
I'm currently L1 Charging it, but might install the free L2 Nissan Charger when it arrives.

For the last ten years my Jeep has cost me about 48 cents/mile. My math says the LEAF should be less than 1/2 that (Free juice at work and with my 44 CS-250 solar panels at home).
The LEAF should be perfect for my daily (M-F) 34 mile round trip commute. I'm terrified (first new car) and excited.

Great! Good to see more EVs in UT. I am hoping to move out there in a few years and would love to see more infrastructure. Do you know about Plugshare? It is the best map for finding charging locations, and is community generated. It is a great way to find, and update the status of, EVSE. Many conscientious EV owners update the status of a public EVSE whenever they charge, which helps others have confidence that an EVSE they are heading for is working. You can also share your own home EVSE.

DaylanDarby said:
...What's one thing you wish an experienced EV user would have told you when you first bought/leased?
I had been hanging out here at MNL for some time before I bought the LEAF so there were no surprises, save for the infamous battery degradation in hot places. But the one thing that completely altered my ability to stretch the range of the car was my "Leaf DD" meter. It completely changes the ability to use the bottom quarter of the battery pack if you know almost exactly how much energy is left; such things as "Low Battery Warning" and "Very Low Battery Warning" become no big deal. Although Leaf DD is no longer made (they pop up on the used market here from time-to-time) there are a number of other meters around: Devices to Monitor Battery State and Driving Efficiency

One of the most commonly used is "LEAF Spy". Although it isn't nearly as easy to use daily as Leaf DD, it is a very powerful tool that will tell you a lot about the battery and battery management system of the LEAF.

cajb.jpg

My Leaf DD lives on my dash full time and serves as my fuel gauge as well as showing real time energy in/out while driving. I nearly always leave it set to display Gids, as opposed to the much less useful %SOC in this early picture from a year and a half ago.

As part of the purchase experience I picked it up, pressed the appropriate buttons, inserted it into my LEAF, but was already at 100%, so didn't actually use it. Next time I'm downtown I might give it a shot.

KJD said:
That does sound like a good deal. I am envious of you having the 2015 battery. It appears that the 2015 battery will be much more durable than my 2012 version.

Have you used the new QC at Ken Garff and if so how did it work ?

DaylanDarby said:

dgpcolorado said:
DaylanDarby said:
...What's one thing you wish an experienced EV user would have told you when you first bought/leased?
I had been hanging out here at MNL for some time before I bought the LEAF so there were no surprises, save for the infamous battery degradation in hot places. But the one thing that completely altered my ability to stretch the range of the car was my "Leaf DD" meter. It completely changes the ability to use the bottom quarter of the battery pack if you know almost exactly how much energy is left; such things as "Low Battery Warning" and "Very Low Battery Warning" become no big deal. Although Leaf DD is no longer made (they pop up on the used market here from time-to-time) there are a number of other meters around: Devices to Monitor Battery State and Driving Efficiency

One of the most commonly used is "LEAF Spy". Although it isn't nearly as easy to use daily as Leaf DD, it is a very powerful tool that will tell you a lot about the battery and battery management system of the LEAF.

cajb.jpg

My Leaf DD lives on my dash full time and serves as my fuel gauge as well as showing real time energy in/out while driving. I nearly always leave it set to display Gids, as opposed to the much less useful %SOC in this early picture from a year and a half ago.
Hey...that Leaf DD mounting is identical to mine. I love it--wouldn't be without one. :)

Back