colorado springs to woodland park, cripple creek

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nfuzzy

Went 78 miles round trip from the north end of the springs to manitou lake park north of woodland park today. Had 24% left when we got home. Beautiful day for a nice quiet drive. The soc from woodland park to c springs didn't drop at all. Love my leaf.

I don't know my average speed but I drove in B mode the whole way and for the most part did +/- 5 of the speed limit depending on if I was going uphill or down. I have gotten pretty good at modulating the gas pedal in my 2.5 months with the car. There was a 6 mile stretch on the way back uphill from the lake where I got stuck behind someone doing only 40 which helped, and probably a few other steeper parts where I went slightly slower too. Seeing as it is about 2000 feet of elevation gain my plan was to turn around if I ran into trouble but I had 7 bars left at woodland park and about 50% at my destination so I had faith in the power of elevation drop to bring me home.

I realize my new 2015 wont have this range for long so I figure I better enjoy it while it lasts! My first taste of cold weather is right around the corner!

I hit 10000 miles, 106.9 miles per charge (1st time over 100!), best distance + GOM (184mi) and best mi/kWh (13.8) all in one day!

Traveled from C Springs to Cripple Creek last night. Roughly 56 miles and 4000+ feet of elevation gain. Got there with 29% SOC on the dash after only moderate hypermiling. Other than the major hills I went the speed limit, and by the end I was speeding along uphill at 15mph over with the rest of traffic when it was clear I would make it. Ended at 3.7 mi/kWh.

The real fun was all that downhill on the way home the next morning. After driving around town a bit and then a quick 800ft elevation gain over 3 miles leaving town, I crested the hill at 89% SOC.

WP_20150606_006.jpg

From there it was roughly 42 miles and -4000ft elevation to my low point, and I got there at 85% SOC.
This image is from the low point before hitting the interstate and heading back uphill. The weird part is the mi/kWh climbed to 13.8 a few miles after this. The GOM had peaking at 139 a mile earlier:

WP_20150606_018.jpg

By complete chance, I pulled into my garage at exactly 10000 miles!

WP_20150606_021.jpg

Then it was off to the zoo for the afternoon. It is 900ft down and then right back up 900ft over the course of 19 miles each way.

Ended the day at 106.9mi and 6.9 mi/kWh.
WP_20150606_029.jpg

After this picture I turned the car back on later to check my GIDS and it showed 21.7% SOC and 61 GIDS remaining.

The best part is the whole day did not involve any real hypermiling. For the most part I went at or above the speed limit the same as I would in my ICE and just followed traffic. The majority of these miles were covered at highway speeds of between 55-65, top speed of 71!

Love mountain driving in the Leaf!

Back