Really?!?!! The factory radio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherSlick

Went out to my leaf this AM to find someone had broke in and took the factory radio. Really?!!? The subwoofer in the back I can understand but not the factory radio.

At any rate if anyone comes across a factory head unit with a chopped-off wiring harness in the Denver/Aurora area please let me know. I would love to know what they were thinking when they took it.

Jro6Sb3.jpg

I think that the appropriate question would be: What??? Were they thinking???

SherSlick said:
Went out to my leaf this AM to find someone had broke in and took the factory radio. Really?!!? The subwoofer in the back I can understand but not the factory radio. I would love to know what they were thinking when they took it.

Good reason to pull the SD card when you leave the car. Someone probably bought a used LEAF without the SD card and the Stealer told them they had to replace the whole unit to get it working.

Pretty useless to steal that nowadays. But I know people do that (especially the cutting of all the wires in the back) for revenge. Did you anger anyone recently? Was it plugged in and perhaps a diesel blowing redneck decided it was time to smash a hippie window? It sounds stupid, but it does happen more often than you would think.

Unfortunately, you're not the first. :(

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was another case. :evil:

Sorry about the theft.
I don't understand why some people steal what they do.
In 1985 in Paducah, KY someone broke the driver's side glass on my old K car station wagon just to steal a radiator hose. It probably didn't cost $15 :shock:

thankyouOB said:
Sherslick,
where do you live?

In the first post it says Denver/Aurora. Aurora is one of the "districts" of Denver you could say. Like Soho or the Upper-East-Side is just an area within Manhattan.

Within Denver, the ghetto generally consists of Aurora, Capitol Hill, Five Points, Federal Heights, and then most everything along the stretch of Colfax Ave. The exception would be South-East Aurora which has gotten better recently. But it is still in many people's places to avoid.

Back