Registration

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeinDenver

So I had to go register the Leaf today. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the cost. It was nowhere near the amount we paid last year for the wifes Santa Fe even though they are in a similar price range. I also got my little sticker to put on for it being an EV.

MikeinDenver said:
So I had to go register the Leaf today. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the cost. It was nowhere near the amount we paid last year for the wifes Santa Fe even though they are in a similar price range. I also got my little sticker to put on for it being an EV.

Odd, I thought that registration fees were based on car value in Colorado. Did you move in the interim? Tax rates vary by location.

cgaydos said:
MikeinDenver said:

Odd, I thought that registration fees were based on car value in Colorado. Did you move in the interim? Tax rates vary by location.

They are. Nope, I live in the same house. I'm not sure. When I get home I'm going to compare them.

Registration rates are also based on car value in AZ. But there is a special rate for Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
This rate is very low. I think my personalized plate fee is more than the base registration fee.

myleaf said:
Registration rates are also based on car value in AZ. But there is a special rate for Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
This rate is very low. I think my personalized plate fee is more than the base registration fee.

That must be nice. The first year in CO is typically more expensive than CA which has a rep as a very expensive state.

Back