Sad Sad LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeinDenver

Less than three weeks into having the LEAF we were up at the Food Bank of the Rockies volunteering last week when the tornado and hail rolled through. All panels except the passenger side doors have pretty bad hail damage. :(

NasGoreList said:
sorry to hear that, does insurance generally write off the car in this type of scenario?

Waiting to find out. I googled it and someone in TX had hail damage and it was only $1200 as it was able to be repaired via paint-less dent repair. I hope to find out in the next few weeks.

mwalsh said:
That's my worst nightmare. On the plus side, it didn't get sucked up into the tornado!

Yeah. It has leaves plastered everywhere even under panels like the charging door, liftgate etc. It is a pain trying to find them all and get them off. The windnoise was just crazy in the warehouse building.

Silver lining?

http://www.neatorama.com/2009/10/23/can-you-improve-your-cars-gas-mileage-by-adding-golf-ball-dimples/#!RZeTz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously, hope all goes well with repairs. Sheet metal is replaceable. Glad it was nothing worse.

It's pretty amazing what paintless dent removal can do if there's no hard edges and no chipped paint. Good luck!

Back