South Carolina Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etracing

Hello form Summerville SC. ( Just northwest of Charleston. )

According to the local Nissan dealer there are 15 or so Leaf's in the area.
I have only seen one on the road and that was at the Sign shop getting decals put on it from the
local power co.

Where are "you all" at?

I live just over the border in NC, and I am the only Leaf owner for many miles. We have to get the 17 corridor electrified so I can make the trip to Charleston. Sign up for plug share and you will see how many charge stations there are. I'm the Mayor of Carolina Shores and am attempting to get stations in this part of the world. No station between Charleston and hwy 501 and none from 501 to Wilmington, except my house. Sure is lonely :lol:

How about any Hilton Head folks?

We will be in Hilton Head this weekend. (3/29/12).

You cant can't miss us!

LEAF2a.JPG

New Leaf owner in Conway, SC here!

There are two level 2 charging stations in front of the Conway Public Library, and more are starting to pop up around the Grand Strand. I know there are chargers at some of the camp grounds around here, and naturally Grand Strand Nissan has two. I'm trying to get work to put in at least one L2 charger, but you'd have to get your Leaf to hop a razor wire fence to charge if they do. :lol:

I have been working with and talking to the Mayors of Shallotte, Holden Beach, Sunset Beach, Calabash and Ocean Isle in N.C. to try and get some business's interested. If you happen to find any new locations in your travels, enter there locations into the plug share network. Happy LEAFING............ :lol:

Done! I've put the Conway library on there, and I didn't realize there was another L2 charger in Conway before looking on there! I'll find out exactly where the L2 charger station(s) are at Coastal Carolina U and put those on there as well.

I leased my 2012 Nissan Leaf SL in December 2012 and sent in the STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE APPLICATION FOR PLUG-IN HYBRID VEHICLE CREDIT (form TC48A) a few weeks ago.

Anyone have any experience with this process?

I am curious if they contact me, or what. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

iamwjh said:
I leased my 2012 Nissan Leaf SL in December 2012 and sent in the STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE APPLICATION FOR PLUG-IN HYBRID VEHICLE CREDIT (form TC48A) a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Hello from Simpsonville, SC
I leased mine 31 Dec 2012 from Crown Nissan Greenville, SC. I was told the vehicle needs to have an engine in order to claim the credit you mention... what did you find out ?

NSXTASY:
I have not heard/seen anything from SCDOR. Suspect I will not. I applied for the tax credit based on what a Nissan dealer in Greer told me.

After I read your post and checked further, it looks like SCDOR only provides the credit to the owner/lessee of a Chevy Volt and you are correct, the Leaf does not qualify.

Oh, well.
NSXTASY said:
I leased mine 31 Dec 2012 from Crown Nissan Greenville, SC. I was told the vehicle needs to have an engine in order to claim the credit you mention... what did you find out ?

iamwjh said:
NSXTASY:
I have not heard/seen anything from SCDOR. Suspect I will not. I applied for the tax credit based on what a Nissan dealer in Greer told me.

After I read your post and checked further, it looks like SCDOR only provides the credit to the owner/lessee of a Chevy Volt and you are correct, the Leaf does not qualify.

Oh, well.
NSXTASY said:

so sorry man... I wish I had been wrong on this one. Another blatant example of dealership cluelessness (or at least I'd like to think this is what it is...)

Hello SC Leaf owners.

Located in Beaufort SC . My vitals are listing on PlugShare. I have L2 charging available. All EV owners are welcome.

Barry

iamwjh said:

Thanks!

Are you referring to the SC $1,500 non refundable credit? You should apply for the credit when you file your 2012 SC tax return.

I purchased my Leaf in December of 2011 and received the $1,500 credit on my 2011 state tax return. All the forms necessary to apply for the credit were not available on Turbo Tax in 2011. I had to download the form from the SC web sit and fill it out by hand and submit it with my 2011 state tax return. I do not recall what the form number was. The correct SC forms will probably be in turbo tax this year. I also received the $7,500 Federal credit in 2011.

To the best of my knowledge you have to have a tax liability equal to or more than $1,500 to receive the credit.

Hope this helps,

Barry

BarryE said:
iamwjh said:

Thanks!

Are you referring to the SC $1,500 non refundable credit? You should apply for the credit when you file your 2012 SC tax return.

I purchased my Leaf in December of 2011 and received the $1,500 credit on my 2011 state tax return. All the forms necessary to apply for the credit were not available on Turbo Tax in 2011. I had to download the form from the SC web sit and fill it out by hand and submit it with my 2011 state tax return. I do not recall what the form number was. The correct SC forms will probably be in turbo tax this year. I also received the $7,500 Federal credit in 2011.

To the best of my knowledge you have to have a tax liability equal to or more than $1,500 to receive the credit.

Hope this helps,

Barry
Barry, this is awesome news. Could you please look at your 2011 taxes and share here the SC form number ? thanks in advance

Back