It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Florida
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 am 

Delivery Date: 08 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 16021
This is a new discussion for North Florida, generally north of (but including) Gainesville/UF and west of Jacksonville, including Tallahassee/FSU/FAMU, Panama City, Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola/UWF areas. We have been participating in the Florida discussions but many/most of them are in South and Central Florida, far away from us. There are at least 3 LEAFs now roaming the streets of Tallahassee, I am sure there are some in Gainesville and in the panhandle. Objective for this discussion is to have a LEAF-in sometime soon, hopefully in Tallahassee to raise awareness in the state capital and to lobby for public charging stations here which are so far non-existent.

Post subject: Re: North Florida
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:03 pm 

By the way, any new LEAFers in Jacksonville? I haven't seen or heard from any so far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 pm 

One more tempter - we have at least 3 LEAFs in Tallahassee - anybody for a LEAF rally at the Capitol Complex or Tallahassee City Hall?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:28 pm 

Delivery Date: 17 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 6194
As far as I know, I'm the only Leaf in Jacksonville so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:26 pm 

Just driving around Tallahassee, I have now seen two blue, one black, two glacier pearl LEAFs. Starting to catch on, it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:22 pm 

Delivery Date: 18 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5768
Yesterday, the 17th of March I obtained a 2011 Nissan Leaf SL through a lease from Sandy Sansing,Pensacola,FL. I was told the nearest Leaf owners to me is in Navarre,FL and Daphne,AL. I tried to register the car with Carwings,but it would not accept it; don't know if it's because the dealership already has or what. It would be nice to be able to use the Nissan Leaf app on my Android.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:57 am 

I would call the LEAF customer service number 1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738) and tell them you tried to register your LEAF in Carwings but couldn't. They should be able to help you.

CONGRATs on your new LEAF! There are several now in Tallahassee, I parked right next to a black one at Best Buy on Thursday evening.

Russ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:16 pm 

Delivery Date: 18 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5768
Thank you Russ! I've wanted an electric car for 30 years,but this is actually my 2nd EV; my first one was a used Ford Ranger EV which worked flawlessly for 10 days, then quit charging due to a faulty battery heater circuit, then I discovered the software in the BCM was the wrong software, put in by Battery MD out in California 3 months before I purchased it. I had the Lead/Acid version, but they put the software in the BCM for the NiMH version. So I'm hoping this Nissan Leaf will surpass that experience exponentially :P.
I had planned on calling about Car Wings, because it is apparently registered by the dealership here because it would not accept my registration. So I'll give them a call; I'd like my Android app to work.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 am 

Newporttom wrote:

Glad to know we're not the only EV up here :D I don't know if you saw this so I'll post it here
Quote:
Just wanted to update folks that the charger at the Town Center is free - for now. I guess it JUST went live.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Charge-car ... index.html

I'm excited that Jacksonville finally has a public charger. Ok, we have a chargepoint at the airport, but it's in a private parking garage so you have to pay to use it and I'm sure pay to get into the lot. The airport is also really far away from everything so I doubt it sees a lot of use. The other "public" chargers are all at Chevy & Nissan dealers and are behind gates that lock at night :(

Anyway, I'm glad Jax finally has one in a good location. I'd like to see more at the other malls we shop at, at the zoos and museums and the restaurants we visit. But, it's a start! I'm hoping to find some Leaf owners in the Jax area that can help me put some more pressure on these business. I spoke to the zoo again and they still have no plans but will put it in front of their Green Team so it's possible.
I posted it in the Florida forum but in searching for Jacksonville posts I saw Tom's post and figured you guys might be interested too. I'm sure some of you folks would consider the Jax zoo's & malls if they had chargers (and now the Town Center does). If you folks would if they did, give them a call - they're tired of hearing from me :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:11 am 

Too bad Tallahassee can't get a public charger - City of Tallahassee is supposed to be one of the greenest cities (at least they advertise it enough on my electric/water/sewer bill), but we don't have a public charger and we are the capital of the state!!

Russ

DANandNAN wrote:
Newporttom wrote:

Glad to know we're not the only EV up here :D I don't know if you saw this so I'll post it here
Quote:
Just wanted to update folks that the charger at the Town Center is free - for now. I guess it JUST went live.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Charge-car ... index.html

I'm excited that Jacksonville finally has a public charger. Ok, we have a chargepoint at the airport, but it's in a private parking garage so you have to pay to use it and I'm sure pay to get into the lot. The airport is also really far away from everything so I doubt it sees a lot of use. The other "public" chargers are all at Chevy & Nissan dealers and are behind gates that lock at night :(

Anyway, I'm glad Jax finally has one in a good location. I'd like to see more at the other malls we shop at, at the zoos and museums and the restaurants we visit. But, it's a start! I'm hoping to find some Leaf owners in the Jax area that can help me put some more pressure on these business. I spoke to the zoo again and they still have no plans but will put it in front of their Green Team so it's possible.
I posted it in the Florida forum but in searching for Jacksonville posts I saw Tom's post and figured you guys might be interested too. I'm sure some of you folks would consider the Jax zoo's & malls if they had chargers (and now the Town Center does). If you folks would if they did, give them a call - they're tired of hearing from me :D