Asheville, NC: CHAdeMO/CCS Combo station being installed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInAvl

There is a brand-new Signet unit, with a CHAdeMO port and a CCS Combo port, being installed next to the existing EVSEs at the Public Works Garage on South Charlotte Street in Asheville. It isn't powered up yet.

YAY!!! :mrgreen:

It is now operational, and free(!)

It's situated on the end of three L2 units and the signage hasn't been adjusted so it'll likely be ICEd during weekdays.

There is a second QC station (I'm not sure which type) on the Asheville-Buncombe Tech campus close to a couple of L2s.

UPDATE: The unit was being serviced earlier today when I stopped by for, well, a quick charge. It now requires either a Greenlots RFID card or a smartphone running the Greenlots app. Still no cost to charge yet, but that is likely to change.

There is a second unit on the upper floor of the parking garage under the Aloft Hotel downtown. Same card/app access.

Only the CHAdeMO side of the device is activated. Apparently Nissan is putting up much of the funding, so it wanted LEAF owners to be the only beneficiaries.

Further update: The Eaton L3 CHAdeMO unit (75 amp) at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is up and running. It requires a ChargePoint RFID card to activate, but shows an end-of-session (one hour max) cost of $0.00 :D

The unit communicates with the ChargePoint network, so stats show up in your ChargePoint account. Neither it nor the two L2 units next to it show up on the ChargePoint map. They are in the parking lot closest to the Meadow Road end of Victoria Road.

The L2 units cost all of $1.00/hr. Will post an update if/when the L3 unit starts costing.

Back