GA pushing forward with EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyr

saw this article today in the Atlanta Business Chronicle:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/atlantech/2014/10/georgia-power-to-invest-12m-in-driving-electric.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sounds like there will be a $250 rebate from GA Power on EVSE chargers installed at your house (L2) starting in 2015 some time. We haven't put one in yet, but might hold out till then. So far the 110 has been fine, we don't commute far and don't use the car every day. I wonder if the program will apply if you instal something like OpenEVSE or if it has to be a "store bought" unit?

The article also mentions they (ga power) are putting in 50 more charging stations and incentives for developers. I looked on the Ga Power website to see if they had any more info or details about locations planned, but didn't see anything yet.

interesting statistics in the article though. it also sounds like the state tax credit will stay in for 2015. I know a few friends that have been intersted in a leaf had asked me about that and I hadn't heard anything recently. with the low power rates and the tax credits, I can see why I see more Leafs on the road!

speedyr said:
it also sounds like the state tax credit will stay in for 2015.

I didn't see anything in the article that would sound like that. On the contrary, I've heard the state credit will be repealed or substantially reduced.

If you have Diverse Power, you're out of luck. I called about a month ago asking about whether they had any discount programs, rebates, or planned future projects regarding EV owners. I'm going to paraphrase the response as, " :lol: pffft, no".

Back