Atlanta LEAF owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just north of Atlanta in Canton, GA. I got mine with a GA tag and title on 8-22-2011. It's my second EV. I converted a 914 to an Azure Dynamics all electric about 5 years ago, back in the days of lead-acid.

I'd be interested in a meetup. I had a chat with a volt owner at a walgreens charging station the other day, and there's supposedly quite a few Leafs that show up at the monthly Atlanta EV Club meetings. The next one is on April 18th:

http://evclubsouth.org/index.php?option=com_gcalendar&view=google&Itemid=68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't been to one of those meetings yet, because I thought it was a pay-to-partake club. Not so, says the aforementioned volt owner. Anyways, I'd be up for a meetup, whether it be a mixed EV meetup or a Leaf-only one.

Hey guys, I bought my Leaf in Nov. I wil try to make the meet in the Highlands on the 18th.
Is that correct 6 am? that just seems kinda early....

Pete

You've been to a meeting, you said? Can you give any idea of how these meetings usually go? Any structure to them? Laid back? Just a bunch of run-of-the-mill EV owners gettin' some food? I guess I just want to get your impression of things.

There are a few of us around the metro area; some of us met in person at the Electric Drive tour in Feb.

I'm in for an informal gathering, maybe a meeting point and a drive to eat and chat.

i'm in Atlanta.

not a leaf owner (yet), but a current Volt owner, and former prius owner.

i may attend the meeting on the 18th too.

Oh wow! I guess I should stop assuming that I'm so rare. I walked up to a stranger's identical Leaf and was trying to open the door for a good 10 seconds before realizing it wasn't mine. Pleasant surprise! I'm not sure whether I can chalk this up to Leafs being more widespread, or pure chance (probably a combination), but either way I was strangely excited! :)

Looks like I'm going to be showing up at National Plug-in Day for ATL, if we figure out where it's going to be held. http://www.facebook.com/events/415771508481838/421937114531944" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There isn't an official location or details, I guess. I think I'll need to get rid of a crap load of buttons,though:
f3Zy5.png

widgetboy said:
I can't find any details. Is an Atlanta event actually organized this year?
I think there isn't anything official this year. The EV club and local sierra club sort of punted it back and forth. Apparently it was at Atlantic Station last year, according to the plug in map. That might be as good a place as any to bump into someone. Don't know if I'm game for it though. It has been a busy weekend at our house.

The swag does sound tempting though!

Jim

Back