Ice an EV charging station and you will be sorry

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

Governor Rauner just signed an Anti-Iceing bill, so if one parks an ICE vehicle in an EV space anywhere in Illinois..fine $100 and the vehicle will be towed.

Nice!

I parked to charge at City Hall today, in the next-to-last of 5 charging spots (with free charging!), when a non-energi Ford Fusion went to park next to me. I put up a hand when she turned to pull in and the gal rolled her window down - I pointed out the "Must be charging to park" signage and she moved on, but I'm sure she would have parked there without something tangible to dissuade her. When I was leaving I saw that a LEAF had taken the last spot.

I wish we had something like that. Where I work not one but two Tesla owners insist on parking in EV charging spots and not charge. Apparently they feel privileged and can't understand the need of others to actually charge.

Suggest you leave them a polite note..and write to your state's rep requesting legislation. That's what I did here in IL and 9 months later "birth" was given to this law.

Attachments

• Unknown-14.jpeg
    Unknown-14.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 1445.gif
    1445.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 125
greengate said:
Governor Rauner just signed an Anti-Iceing bill, so if one parks an ICE vehicle in an EV space anywhere in Illinois..fine $100 and the vehicle will be towed.
Could you attach either the bill, or a link to the bill so each of us that want can email it to our own state representatives. Why re-invent the wheel when there is already a working copy written. If each of the various state representatives get a copy of the same bill, then no need to modify it and have 50 or more variations to suggest the same thing. Thanks.

Attachments

• images-41.jpeg
    images-41.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 62
Back