Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r1234567 said:
I was in Northbrook yesterday and I saw a BMW that was white with a black stripe. The plates were 21XX EL.

Well its not in the 23xx range as another forum member posted but close --- perhaps there are more pockets of EV's than we get to see, although Northbrook is quite close to areas I travel a lot too and have yet to see anything even close ... I did see a (matte finish) red Th!nk out that way, perhaps they added another EV

DougWantsALeaf said:
My leaf is 81X, its neat to see how much faster the numbers are growing now. We see other leaf's now almost every day in Skokie.

I drive through Skokie a lot and i see 2-3 every time.

JohnTomaszewski said:
Sergiov said:
Hi all,

I am looking to lease a 2014 Leaf (SV or SL) this year. Browsing the Chicago-area dealer web sites it seems like inventory for both 2013 and 2014 Leafs is sparse right now. Are dealers typically just ordering the cars once the sale is made rather than keeping inventory around? If so, what kind of delay should I expect from purchase to taking delivery?

Reading through this thread of posts, Rosen Nissan seems like a dealer that knows their Leafs. Any other dealers that people had great experiences with?

Thanks!

Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove demolished all the rest of the Chicagoland Dealers during my search last summer.

Just recently leased a 2nd LEAF (Nov. 2014). Definitely agree Bill Kay is #1 for us so far. Actually gave us a better deal than what was advertised.

EVftw said:
JohnTomaszewski said:
Sergiov said:
Hi all,

I am looking to lease a 2014 Leaf (SV or SL) this year. Browsing the Chicago-area dealer web sites it seems like inventory for both 2013 and 2014 Leafs is sparse right now. Are dealers typically just ordering the cars once the sale is made rather than keeping inventory around? If so, what kind of delay should I expect from purchase to taking delivery?

Reading through this thread of posts, Rosen Nissan seems like a dealer that knows their Leafs. Any other dealers that people had great experiences with?

Thanks!

Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove demolished all the rest of the Chicagoland Dealers during my search last summer.

Just recently leased a 2nd LEAF (Nov. 2014). Definitely agree Bill Kay is #1 for us so far. Actually gave us a better deal than what was advertised.

I'd give The Autobarn Nissan in Evanston 5 stars also.

Martin is the "go to guy" in sales..very knowledgeable and drives a Leaf himself.

EVftw said:
JohnTomaszewski said:
Sergiov said:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Evanston is very good too. Very committed to the Leaf.

Just got an email from a tribune reporter regarding her latest article on Chicagoland chargers, 350 Green, JNS Holdings etc. Here's the link...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-charging-stations-1115-biz-20141114-story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djkjmuoh said:
Just got an email from a tribune reporter regarding her latest article on Chicagoland chargers, 350 Green, JNS Holdings etc. Here's the link...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-charging-stations-1115-biz-20141114-story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you go back through old posts on this loooong thread you'll see Julie Wernau (the reporter you mentioned) has posted here as well; I have yet to use any public charger as we have another car for longer trips but others where the LEAF is their only car this should be of interest at long last some may get finally up and running; especially now with this early cold spell

Hello all,

I am currently searching for the best 2 year 2015 Nissan Leaf S w/ Quick Charge deal in the Chicagoland area. Just wanted to see if anyone out there has recently leased one and what price they got it at so it can aid me in some of the initial negotiations.

I just got an email back from Autobahn Nissan in Evanston, IL:

2yrs lease
Payment $383 x 24
c.c.-$30,300
c.c. red.-$8,450

This seems kind of ridiculous to me, so I wanted some feedback from you all.

Thanks!

AZ3otrope said:
Hello all,

I am currently searching for the best 2 year 2015 Nissan Leaf S w/ Quick Charge deal in the Chicagoland area. Just wanted to see if anyone out there has recently leased one and what price they got it at so it can aid me in some of the initial negotiations.

2yrs lease
Payment $383 x 24
c.c.-$30,300
c.c. red.-$8,450

Thanks!
Go there and talk with Martin.

Tell him Tom sent you.

AZ3otrope said:
Hello all,

2yrs lease
Payment $383 x 24
c.c.-$30,300
c.c. red.-$8,450

Thanks!

Remember - you should have all your research done on the vehicle prior to getting random prices. Consumer Reports is one resource to get actual vehicle pricing. Not MSRP and not invoice - the actual cost of the vehicle. Then, you have a baseline for quote comparison. Obviously, a dealer is in business to make money. However, it should be a FAIR profit. The average person just gets quotes randomly and looks at the sticker which is not a good way to get a fair price.

I shopped ever dealer in Chicagoland and the 'burbs. Nobody was able to beat Bill Kay in Downers Grove. That was summer of '13 - so it's possible things have changed. Autobahn, back then, was not at all competitive.

I'm also a fan of Autobarn. However consider buying vs leasing as the state will chip in 10% of the MSRP via a rebate check. This does not apply to leases And I believe Nissan is also offering 0% x 72months.

Another consideration if purchasing is being tax eligible to get the full $7500 Federal credit on your taxes. I believe you'll need to make around $60k to get the full credit back on your taxes.

Phatcat73 said:
I'm also a fan of Autobarn. However consider buying vs leasing as the state will chip in 10% of the MSRP via a rebate check. This does not apply to leases And I believe Nissan is also offering 0% x 72months.

Another consideration if purchasing is being tax eligible to get the full $7500 Federal credit on your taxes. I believe you'll need to make around $60k to get the full credit back on your taxes.

Correct on both fronts; the 10% IL EV cash rebate is limited to $4K and they use the MSRP sticker to determine it but only if you buy it, no leases; also I seem to be seeing a fair amount of new LEAF's with the standard issue $101/year IL license plates; the LEAF (unlike a Volt or other PHEV) because its 100% electric can get the 'EL' series plates that renew every 2 years for $36 or $18/year. Perhaps the finance office overlooks this with leased cars but would still think your should be able to get them. And lastly of course the 50% cash rebate for the install + equip for an EVSE in your garage (regardless if you buy/lease).

JohnTomaszewski said:
AZ3otrope said:
Hello all,

2yrs lease
Payment $383 x 24
c.c.-$30,300
c.c. red.-$8,450

Thanks!

Remember - you should have all your research done on the vehicle prior to getting random prices. Consumer Reports is one resource to get actual vehicle pricing. Not MSRP and not invoice - the actual cost of the vehicle. Then, you have a baseline for quote comparison. Obviously, a dealer is in business to make money. However, it should be a FAIR profit. The average person just gets quotes randomly and looks at the sticker which is not a good way to get a fair price.

I shopped ever dealer in Chicagoland and the 'burbs. Nobody was able to beat Bill Kay in Downers Grove. That was summer of '13 - so it's possible things have changed. Autobahn, back then, was not at all competitive.

+1

Got 2nd LEAF from Bill Kay. They don't add any of those unnecessary pinstriping or any other add-ons unless you specify. They don't even put their decal/sticker on the car. You'll get the car you want if not more. Khalil was the one we spoke with.

Also, for EVSE install:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ncentive/page2?p=780386&viewfull=1#post780386

http://www.icc.illinois.gov/utility/Certified.aspx?type=25

redLEAF said:
djkjmuoh said:

If you go back through old posts on this loooong thread you'll see Julie Wernau (the reporter you mentioned) has posted here as well; I have yet to use any public charger as we have another car for longer trips but others where the LEAF is their only car this should be of interest at long last some may get finally up and running; especially now with this early cold spell

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful this news is. We finally have a reliable network of fast chargers in the Chicagoland area. I can tell you how the experience went before this was in place.

If you were lucky enough to get a card you never knew if you could actually put additional charges on it or find out what the balance was. Then you could never rely on any of the chargers actually being on and the phone number on the charger was no help as it only went to the company in California that was scamming Illinois and the federal government out of the money.

At some point it was a lost cause all around, and this went on for well over a year. I had contacted Brian Howe at JNS who won the contracts after the litigation and I told him that I kind of felt stupid for getting a Leaf with the fast charger option when I couldn't use it. Finally something has happened and the system is back in place!! Thank goodness!

brianchi73 said:
redLEAF said:
djkjmuoh said:

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful this news is. We finally have a reliable network of fast chargers in the Chicagoland area. I can tell you how the experience went before this was in place.

If you were lucky enough to get a card you never knew if you could actually put additional charges on it or find out what the balance was. Then you could never rely on any of the chargers actually being on and the phone number on the charger was no help as it only went to the company in California that was scamming Illinois and the federal government out of the money.

At some point it was a lost cause all around, and this went on for well over a year. I had contacted Brian Howe at JNS who won the contracts after the litigation and I told him that I kind of felt stupid for getting a Leaf with the fast charger option when I couldn't use it. Finally something has happened and the system is back in place!! Thank goodness!

If you can get to it :(

Attachments

• BLOCKED.jpg
    BLOCKED.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 58
This just showed up in my mailbox (LEAF leases in Chicagoland):

Get 24 months of complimentary public charging with a new Nissan LEAF®,1 America's best-selling electric car!2

2015 Nissan LEAF® S
Lease 36 months, $2,399 due at signing. Excludes tax, title and license.
$199/month

If you're looking for an affordable, exciting driving experience, check out the 100% electric Nissan LEAF®. You'll enjoy a quieter, smoother ride with zero tailpipe emissions. All that and more make the LEAF® an exciting car for you—and your wallet. For a limited time, get 24 months of complimentary charging at Chicago public charging stations with a new Nissan LEAF®

Lease Offer details:

LEASE OFFER: Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,200 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $8,450 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions. 2015 LEAF S Lease model 17015 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $29,860 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $18,781 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164. At lease end, purchase for $11,645, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 12/01/2014. LEASE OFFER AS SHOWN: Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,098 consumer down payment, $301 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $8,675 manufacturer's rebate applied to $301/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions. 2015 LEAF SL with Pearl White Paint Lease model 17215 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $36,365 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $24,984 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $10,836. At lease end, purchase for $14,182, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 12/01/2014.

Back