Electric Vehicle Chargers Ontario (EVCO) - updated list

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabo

Ontario Ministry of Transportation just updated the list of promised EV charging station they spent 20M$ more than a year ago.
They removed McDonalds locations from the list (probably replaced by some others) - they practically created a 178km gap on HW7 and 128km gap on HW401.

The chargers are still not installed even though the deadline was March 31, 2017.

Most of the missing chargers are from 11M$ fund provided to Koben Systems Inc. It would be nice to know the reason why company who cannot finish even 30% of promised work received more that 50% of funds. BTW if I remember correctly the missing McD locations was promised by Koben System.

Not only that, but I do not really understand why the government or a retail business would install a level 2 charger. I can see a Level 2 for a destination such as a hotel or resort or someplace you would be spending a lot of time at, but for normal locations they are basically useless to use to get out and about.

They should really target the funds to increase range along major and secondary highways. For around town, virtually everyone has a home charger and would never use all the level 2's that abound in and around town.

The other thing that annoys me is that each service provider has their own cards that must be used. Each charger should have a credit card reader with "tap". Maybe that is to come.

Back