Ikea to install free 60A evse at all stores in Canada

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricEddy

Thank you Ikea. If indeed they are L3 units and free , it would be worth the trip across the ferry. Unfortunately we don't have one in Nanaimo. Maybe if they opened a satellite store, they would install some L2's :lol: The only thing in the article that I found inconsistent is the comment about 60A evse's can charge Ev's in about 3 hours to 80%( maybe they really mean L2's). I guess wait for confirmation from Plugshare at the end of August. Link to story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ikea-to-install-electric-car-charging-stations-at-all-canadian-stores-1.3144670

No, those will be L2, enough to charge a single charger Tesla at full L2 speed but not enough to charge a dual charger tesla at full L2 speed.

Still gonna be stuck at L2 in a Leaf with this.

https://suncountryhighway.com/

Really! I personally wrote 2 letters to Ikea's in Canada asking them to consider installing EVSE's and cited their own green policies and intention to go solar and was told in no uncertain terms they were not currently considering this. Yes, it would be great if every Ikea had an L3.

Thank you for contacting IKEA Canada. IKEA aims to make our stores as accessible as possible and encourages more sustainable modes of transportation. As we strive to offer the best in product quality and customer services, we not only appreciate but encourage customer feedback so as to make necessary improvements.

While we have no immediate plans to install EV chargers, we are considering this service in the future and we will take your feedback into consideration. Please know that your message has been shared with the concerned departments.

We truly value your opinion, as well as the opinion of all our customers. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Should you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
xxxxxx
IKEA Canada Customer Service

This is great news for me as the ikea is right off my route. It's pretty much half way between the last 2 good charge stops I already have. It's also nice to know that all of Ikeas energy is renewable too!

1 of those is already a sun country highway station, they've really put them in some great places, and good on them for making them all pretty high amp units. Makes me wish I had another charger in the leaf and I wish Nissan had offered a dual charger option.

Maybe if I do a lease buy out I'll add a second or even third.

Back