Electric car gathering, world record attempt in Montreal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they will be trying for several different records at this event.The first Guinness record is the “largest parade of Nissan cars” which currently stands at 225 (registered in the UK in 2010, various Nissan vehicles) and the second Guinness record is of the largest parade of electric cars (pure EVs, anything with a gas engine doesn't count).

They are also planning on setting two new Guinness records, one for the largest parade of Chevrolet Volts and one for the largest parade of Teslas.

http://roulezelectrique.com/branchez-vous-2015-plusieurs-records-a-battre/

Scroll down for English version.

Besides the parade, please note that test drives are being offered on three days one of which is reserved for media/fleet owners.

Drives are free, first-come, first-served on the Gilles-Villeneuve race track. This is the site that hosts the Montreal Formula One event. However, speed is limited on 95% of the course.

It is possible to reserve spots by paying a reservation fee. Tesla (Roadster, S RWD and P85D) are confirmed. As are LEAFs, Volts, i-MiEVs, Spark EVs, Energis, PiPs, i3s, Soul EVs, and others I am likely forgetting.

A new CHAdeMO station has just opened in Rutland, VT. With the CHAdeMO in Burlington, there's a potential corridor for EVs from Massachusetts or farther away to attend. There are two CHAdeMO listed as coming soon in White River Junction. It would be nice if they were to go online soon to connect to the already existing CHAdeMO in Montpelier and Burlington.

Back