e-nv200's and Gen-2 CarCAN are asleep during charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubaksis

I have an issue when I scan e-NV200 van using LeafSpy Pro or just requesting data with arduino. It doesn't work.
It works only while I drive, but not while charging. (by the way, the Fast charge counter in LeafSpy is always 0)

I connected to the CarCAN with arduino and found out that there are no any messages in the canbus while charging. It's asleep.
If I open or close the door - it awakes and everything works for about 30-60 seconds. Then nothing again.

As opening and closing the door for a few hours is not an option, how I can get data from the car while it's charging? Any ideas?
Is there a possible message that can be sent to keep it awake for a while?

Thanks.

Update: The same thing happens with Gen-2.
0x68c message over CarCAN doesn't make any difference. It seems that it wakes up for 2 seconds, but there is still no response for the 0x79b request.
Is there any way to get data while charging?

hubaksis said:
I connected to the CarCAN with arduino and found out that there are no any messages in the canbus while charging. It's asleep.
If I open or close the door - it awakes and everything works for about 30-60 seconds. Then nothing again.
What if you press the brake pedal?

Unfortunately, it's unlikely you'll be able to get much help here on this if the e-NV200 diverges a lot from the Leaf in behavior. e-NV200 is NOT for sale nor lease in the US. :( MNL is a US-centric site. Leaf Spy author Turbo3 lives in the US (a few miles from me), along w/many (most?) of the folks w/technical knowledge as it relates to CAN bus here.

I've only ever seen one physically in the US because Nissan brought their test vehicle (inscribed on the side) to https://insideevs.com/official-new-guinness-record-ev-parade-set-507-vehicles-pics-video/ and also for the EVent that day. The rest I've seen outside the US (e.g. Japan, like at Nissan's Yokohama HQ).

cwerdna said:
hubaksis said:
What if you press the brake pedal?

Unfortunately, it's unlikely you'll be able to get much help here on this if the e-NV200 diverges a lot from the Leaf in behavior. e-NV200 is NOT for sale nor lease in the US. :( MNL is a US-centric site. Leaf Spy author Turbo3 lives in the US (a few miles from me), along w/many (most?) of the folks w/technical knowledge as it relates to CAN bus here.

I've only ever seen one physically in the US because Nissan brought their test vehicle (inscribed on the side) to https://insideevs.com/official-new-guinness-record-ev-parade-set-507-vehicles-pics-video/ and also for the EVent that day. The rest I've seen outside the US (e.g. Japan, like at Nissan's Yokohama HQ).

Ok, thanks. If I find anything about e-NV200, I'll post about it. Right now it works similar to Gen-2. Almost. However, I can't find QC count. It's not the same like Nissan Leaf. Right now it's the only difference.

I'll check it with the break pedal.

By the way, the same thing happens to Gen-2 30kW UK/Japan models. They are not responding to messages. I can't get any data about charging.

Can you see anything with US models while the car is OFF and charging?

hubaksis said:
By the way, the same thing happens to Gen-2 30kW UK/Japan models. They are not responding to messages. I can't get any data about charging.

Can you see anything with US models while the car is OFF and charging?
Battery capacity is measured in kWh, not "kW".

Yes, Leaf Spy can get some data while the car is level 2 charging and the car's off. I use it all the time to look at the charge graph screen, specifically to look at:
The first title line displays two power numbers in kW. The first number is the power in kW going into the battery pack and the second number is the power the charger is reporting. Normally these numbers are the same or almost the same.
That way I know I should leave from public charging when that gets too low (e.g. below 3 or 4 kW) when my battery nears full.

Pressing the brake pedal restores the connection for me.

Thank you for the details.

Leaf Spy doesn't show anything for e-NV200, Gen-2 30kWh UK and Japan versions when they are OFF and charging.
I'll check the behavior with the break pedal.

Back