Leaf Spy Disabling Dropbox

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandrake2901

I have recently installed Leaf Spy on a Samsung Note 5 after testing it first on my android tablet. I connected it to Dropbox first on my tablet. I know it worked because the Leaf Spy folders were created on Dropbox, but no files have been synced there.

When I start the app on my Note 5, I get the message "Warning. Disabling Dropbox." No amount of checking and unchecking the option in settings will cause the Dropbox Authorization window to be displayed.

Any clues?

I can't explain why that happens, but am posting to say I've just got the same symptoms, tonight. Installed LeafSpy pro ok on Samsung S8. Dropbox folders got created.
I then also installed on an old Samsung Note 2. When going back to to S8, Dropbox is disabled on that phone with the same warning when LeafSpy opens up.
I uninstalled from both phones, removed LeafSpy rights under Dropbox settings, then installed only on S8 again. No joy.
Next I'll try deleting any stored app data on the phones...
If anyone knows what's happening, I'd be interested to know the explanation.

Still no joy. I just renamed the LeafSpy folder /storage/emulated/0/LEAF_BT_CAN in both phones, uninstalled the apps, deleted folders and access rights in Dropbox, then reinstalled only on the S8. I enabled Dropbox in LeafSpy settings, backed up the settings, closed the app (where I then had to give Dropbox access rights).
When I opened LeafSpy again, "Warning disabling Dropbox" message appeared.

Ah, I see this is a known issue, fixed in latest test version.

Link to subscribe to test version of latest app:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14285&start=1690#p512262

Link mentioning Dropbox getting disabled:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14285&start=1710#p515215

Google is my friend :)

I downloaded the test version after realizing I wasn't syncing either (after about 5 months!) but my primary LEAF Spy phone (galaxy 4) still isn't syncing but my primary uhhh... "phone phone" Pixel XL2 is working fine. Problem is I rarely use LEAF Spy on the Pixel since I have NAV on nearly all the time...

Alas, I am up to date with v0.41.111 en but I am getting the dreaded "Disabling Dropbox" message immediately upon startup. I then go into settings, re-Enable Dropbox, but no Dropbox sign-in screen appears. Any ideas?

AnotherEVGuy said:
Alas, I am up to date with v0.41.111 en but I am getting the dreaded "Disabling Dropbox" message immediately upon startup. I then go into settings, re-Enable Dropbox, but no Dropbox sign-in screen appears. Any ideas?

only have to sign in once.

That was driving me crazy too after I changed my Dropbox password, then I found this in the manual, and it worked.

"When Dropbox is not enabled a Reset ID button will appear to the right. A long press on that button will clear the registered Dropbox ID allowing a different ID to be used when Dropbox is enabled again"

Back