Page 34 of 43

Crash when pairing OBDII WiFi adapter - iOS 11

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 am
by chiro79
Hi,

I have an ODBII WiFi and every time I try to configure it inside the application, when I tap on “Done” the app crashes.
It is the first time I try to use the app, so I don’t know if it is related with iOS11... Do you know if there is any kind of issue with iOS11?

Thank you.

Re: Crash when pairing OBDII WiFi adapter - iOS 11

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:45 pm
by Turbo3
chiro79 wrote:Hi,

I have an ODBII WiFi and every time I try to configure it inside the application, when I tap on “Done” the app crashes.
It is the first time I try to use the app, so I don’t know if it is related with iOS11... Do you know if there is any kind of issue with iOS11?

Thank you.

I just tested with my latest version running on iOS 11.2 without a problem.

Send me an email and I will add you to the iOS tester's group so you can use the same version and see if that fixes the problem.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:10 pm
by chivalryx
dprendergast wrote:For the past week, I have gotten the exact same Ahrs level each day: 56.77. This seems weird, since up until a week ago, the level would fluctuate every day within a 54 to 58 range.

I thought maybe I could reset LeafSpy somehow, but I don't see a way to do that. I tried unplugging and re-inserting my OBDI adapter, but that didn't change it either.

Is this just coincidence, or might something else be going on?

David


I'm having the same issue. My battery health isn't updating, and hasn't since Nov 28th. Everything else seems fine.

Version 1.5.27

Chiv.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:26 am
by ispud
I bought Leaf spy Pro for Android and now I would like to put it on my iPhone. I'm wondering will I need to pay again? Also my screen has been locking up on my Android I am guessing it is the breaking thing which appeared right before the lockup started. I will try and find it and turn it off and see if that fixes the problem.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 am
by lorenfb
ispud wrote:I bought Leaf spy Pro for Android and now I would like to put it on my iPhone. I'm wondering will I need to pay again?


Of course, that's always the case for any app between different OSs.

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 pm
by Turbo3
chivalryx wrote:
dprendergast wrote:For the past week, I have gotten the exact same Ahrs level each day: 56.77. This seems weird, since up until a week ago, the level would fluctuate every day within a 54 to 58 range.

I thought maybe I could reset LeafSpy somehow, but I don't see a way to do that. I tried unplugging and re-inserting my OBDI adapter, but that didn't change it either.

Is this just coincidence, or might something else be going on?

David


I'm having the same issue. My battery health isn't updating, and hasn't since Nov 28th. Everything else seems fine.

Version 1.5.27

Chiv.

Send me an ELM trace so I can see what is going on. See bottom of Help file for how to do it.

Re: Crash when pairing OBDII WiFi adapter - iOS 11

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:30 pm
by Turbo3
chiro79 wrote:Hi,

I have an ODBII WiFi and every time I try to configure it inside the application, when I tap on “Done” the app crashes.
It is the first time I try to use the app, so I don’t know if it is related with iOS11... Do you know if there is any kind of issue with iOS11?

Thank you.

Version 1.6.28 is waiting for Apple to review. It has code to handle bad data coming in from the OBDII adapter instead of crashing. This might help.

Re: Crash when pairing OBDII WiFi adapter - iOS 11

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:20 am
by cwerdna
^^^
For those waiting, unfortunately, Apple's App Store review team goes on vacation from Dec 23 to 27th (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=11282017a), so if they haven't approved it yet, the team might have quite a backlog (from others rushing to make the cut) and not get to it until they return.

Re: Crash when pairing OBDII WiFi adapter - iOS 11

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:01 am
by Turbo3
cwerdna wrote:^^^
For those waiting, unfortunately, Apple's App Store review team goes on vacation from Dec 23 to 27th (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=11282017a), so if they haven't approved it yet, the team might have quite a backlog (from others rushing to make the cut) and not get to it until they return.

It's always a mystery to me what they could possibly be doing during a review of my app that could not be automated. Do people actually look at my screens? What would that tell them?

Re: Crash when pairing OBDII WiFi adapter - iOS 11

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:24 pm
by Turbo3
cwerdna wrote:^^^
For those waiting, unfortunately, Apple's App Store review team goes on vacation from Dec 23 to 27th (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=11282017a), so if they haven't approved it yet, the team might have quite a backlog (from others rushing to make the cut) and not get to it until they return.

Took only about 14 hours to get approved. Version 1.6.28 has now been released to all users. Report any problems with this version such as crashes.