mauiEVenthusiast
Delivery Date: 17 Aug 2018

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Aloha from Maui, Thank you so much for developing Leaf Spy. I have Leaf Spy Pro v1.7.38, and I am working on a 2011 Leaf. Please excuse me if this is not the correct place to post this, I am a newbie on this forum.

It has a battery that was replaced just before the warranty expired. The previous owner was driving and one day had a bunch of warning lights come on & lost all power. After towing to the dealership, they stated that the car needed an inverter replacement & since the motor showed a slight fluid leak, they wanted to replace it as well. Their quote was over $12k for parts & over $2k for Labor...

These are the Powertrain codes I read with LeafSpy Pro;

P0AA0 00C4 EV/HEV QNRH Hybrid Batt. Positive Contactor EVC-141
P317A 00C0 EV/HEV Motor System EVC-247.
P0A1B 000A MOTOR CONTROL Drive Motor A Cntrl Mod TMS-46
P0C79 000A MOTOR CONTROL Drive Motor A Inverter Voltage TMS-70
P324F 000A MOTOR CONTROL Drive Motor A IGBT TMS-99

Now it seems to me that nothing will work if the P0AA0 Positive Contactor failure is the root cause of the other codes. Can the version of Leafspy Pro that I have (v.1.7.38) clear the P0AA0 code? I have found info that P0AA1 can be cleared with an updated version of LeafSpy, but I don't know which version that is. Looks like my App is up to date according to the App store on my device.

Thank you again

Leaf15
Delivery Date: 09 Jun 2018

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 am

I got LeafSpy Pro for iPhone and Android. The strange thing - they show different figures. For example: SOH is 98.58% on iPhone and 100.2% on Android.

Today I received "LELink 2 Configurable Auto On/Off Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android" and it worked very well, I got all screens to refresh very fast (including cell voltage - had issue with stuck data with other "Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner Compatible with iOS and Android") and at this point I think I was able to read the correct data from my Leaf, finally.

BTW, "LELink 2" also turns on/off automatically, but you need to activate this feature with "Engine Link LE App" (off by default). Also, as it is low energy bluetooth device, so it is not going to show up in the bluetooth device list, instead LeafSpy or other compatible app will connect to it automatically as long as your phone/tablet bluetooth is on and device is powered on.
Last edited by Leaf15 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
Leaf 2015 SV CPO

butch66
Leaf Number: 319510

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 am

Does it hurt to leave the obd2 adapter plugged in or will it sap to much power. I like to check the battery frequently.

I know this is just wishful thinking but it would be nice if Leaf Spy Pro would show up on the cars display.

Leaf Spy is a great tool.

rtw819
Delivery Date: 27 May 2017

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Hello!

I'm currently running the Android Beta Leaf Spy Pro version 0.45.119 (SDK 26 / B4A 8.30beta1) and I've noticed that if I enable the Service Menu, it seems the Braking and Motor/Power screen is no longer selectable or visible. Is there a maximum number of "tabs" or "screens", or is the Service menu overriding the other "page" an oversight? Recalling when I was looking at it, I think there were ever only 5 dots/tabs/screens indicated at the bottom left.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all you do!

butch66
Leaf Number: 319510

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:57 pm

My Leaf Spy Pro is Android V0.45.119en, I don't know if that is different than what yours is or not. On the service page there is
Settings
Units
Language
Model Year
Service Screen
Trip Distance
Range
Tire Pressure
Battery
Battery Temperature
Logging
Dropbox
Server
System
Options
Braking & Motor Monitor
Screen
Statistics
Debug
And when I enable Service Screen I can enable Brake and motor Screens.
Mine also has 5 dots.

rtw819
Delivery Date: 27 May 2017

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:20 pm

I guess that isn't quite what I was getting at. For mine, the 5th "dot" page becomes the Service Menu when it's enabled, and the Braking/Motor page is no longer available. To re-enable the Braking/Motor page, I have to disable the Service menu -- the app doesn't seem to allow for both pages. I would have thought the Service Menu would have been enabled and added as a new 6th dot/page/screen? Maybe there's some limitation in the UI or something. Does that make more sense? Thanks!

Return to “LEAF CANBus”