Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed a "1" rating for LeafSpy Pro where the person claims LeafSpy Pro affected his all-round camera and later his music console. I find this hard to believe as I would think those things are on the A/V CAN which LeafSpy, through the OBDII adapter, has no access.

He did say he was using an old OBDII Adapter so I am thinking perhaps since Leaf uses non-standard pins on the OBDII connector for the A/V CAN that his old adapter was loading the A/V CAN down in some way.

Anyone with the All-Round camera having a similar problem?

========================================

Just released the next test version of LeafSpy Pro to the test group(0.37.79) . Includes support for the 30 kWh battery and French and German languages. Lots of other small changes so have a look at the change log.

If you speak French or German please have a look at the translations and report any errors/improvements to me at [email protected]. My thanks to Stefan and Jean-Francois for their hard work on the initial translation of all the strings.

Turbo3 said:
I just noticed a "1" rating for LeafSpy Pro where the person claims LeafSpy Pro affected his all-round camera and later his music console. I find this hard to believe as I would think those things are on the A/V CAN which LeafSpy, through the OBDII adapter, has no access.

He did say he was using an old OBDII Adapter so I am thinking perhaps since Leaf uses non-standard pins on the OBDII connector for the A/V CAN that his old adapter was loading the A/V CAN down in some way.

Anyone with the All-Round camera having a similar problem?
I think I remember seeing that "review" and calling BS since it sounded like he didn't even know what OBD2 adapter he had.

FWIW, my leased Leaf was a '13 SV with BOTH premium (Bose stereo + the 4 camera around view monitor) and QC + LED package. I used Leaf Spy w/the dongle I have on that car for a few weeks w/o issue before the car went back at end of lease (end of July 2015).

I'm using the same dongle on my current Leaf (bought mid-July 2015): a '13 SV w/premium (so only Bose + AVM) and have no problems with it, the AVM nor the stereo. The stereo is used every single day, mostly on XM, often over Bluetooth and sometimes via AUX, FM and AM radio. AVM is used at least 2x/day.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=450372#p450372 has which dongle I bought and am using.

Turbo3, what do you think about:
garsh said:
Small request:

When Leaf Spy is used to successfully reprogram the TPMS sensors, could we automatically unset the "Enable Tire Remapping" settings? I still had this setting on from the last time I rotated my summer tires, but then I reprogrammed the TPMS for my snow tires and forgot to unset that setting.

Turbo3 said:
garsh said:
Turbo3 said:
Are you saying if you go to Settings and "Enable Tire Remapping" and then exit and reenter Settings "Enable Tire Remapping" is still checked?
I just now tried to reproduce it. Go into settings. Select "Enable Tire Remapping". Then select "Swap Rear Left/Right". Exit settings.

Re-enter settings. "Enable Tire Remapping" itself is not checked. The options under that setting are greyed out. "Swap Rear Left/Right" is selected.

Is this the desired behavior? It seems counter-intuitive to keep the sub-option while unselecting the main option.
The sub-options are grayed out. They are still shown so you have some idea what "Tire Remapping" does if you were to check it and enable the sub-options.
Not only are they greyed out, but the one that I had selected still has a check mark. It's a bit hard to see since it's greyed out.
And why is the main option unselected after I explicitly selected it last time?

garsh said:
Turbo3, what do you think about:
garsh said:
Small request:

When Leaf Spy is used to successfully reprogram the TPMS sensors, could we automatically unset the "Enable Tire Remapping" settings? I still had this setting on from the last time I rotated my summer tires, but then I reprogrammed the TPMS for my snow tires and forgot to unset that setting.
Good idea. I have just implemented it for the next release. Once "Done" status is detected for the Tire Registration operation any tire remapping will be cleared.

garsh said:
Turbo3 said:
garsh said:
I just now tried to reproduce it. Go into settings. Select "Enable Tire Remapping". Then select "Swap Rear Left/Right". Exit settings.

Re-enter settings. "Enable Tire Remapping" itself is not checked. The options under that setting are greyed out. "Swap Rear Left/Right" is selected.

Is this the desired behavior? It seems counter-intuitive to keep the sub-option while unselecting the main option.
The sub-options are grayed out. They are still shown so you have some idea what "Tire Remapping" does if you were to check it and enable the sub-options.
Not only are they greyed out, but the one that I had selected still has a check mark. It's a bit hard to see since it's greyed out.
And why is the main option unselected after I explicitly selected it last time?
The main option is just an enable switch that when on allows you to update the remap settings. It is normally off to prevent accidentally turning on or off a remap setting. The three swap settings can be checked or unchecked depending on whether they are active. They are grayed out when they are locked and can not be changed. If you want to change a remap settings you first have to enable it for change.

So the enable is an enable for change not a master enable remapping. Remapping will take place anytime one or more of the three remap options is checked regardless of whether it is grayed out or not. Gray just means its locked.

I have to admit when I first responded I had forgotten how this worked.

Turbo3 said:
garsh said:
Small request:
Good idea. I have just implemented it for the next release. Once "Done" status is detected for the Tire Registration operation any tire remapping will be cleared.
Sweet! Thanks!

The next release of LeafSpy and LeafSpy Pro will fix the problem of getting the "LeafSpy isn't responding" warning message while viewing the Change Log or Help file. It was caused by bad programming on my part which was easy to fix.

I'm trying to get Leaf Spy pro running on my iPhone 6S+ with my KiWi 3 (Kickstarter) in my new to me 2013 SV. I'm pretty sure that I'm missing some sort of "press here to connect BT LE" or something. Dongle + phone work with Dash Command in a 2006 Sprinter.
I get solid green and flashing blue when connected to the LEAF.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, including "you can't do that yet" lol.

Post your question on the iOS Leaf Spy thread. It may get a quicker and more knowlegeable response.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19147&p=450428&hilit=iOS+Leaf+Spy#p449494

It may be that the KiWi is reading the wrong CAN bus. The Leaf has two. An EV CAN and a Car CAN. I think LeafSpy reads through the Car CAN. Anyway, you should be getting good advice soon.

Andrejun said:
I'm trying to get Leaf Spy pro running on my iPhone 6S+ with my KiWi 3 (Kickstarter) in my new to me 2013 SV. I'm pretty sure that I'm missing some sort of "press here to connect BT LE" or something. Dongle + phone work with Dash Command in a 2006 Sprinter.
I get solid green and flashing blue when connected to the LEAF.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, including "you can't do that yet" lol.

91040 said:
Post your question on the iOS Leaf Spy thread. It may get a quicker and more knowlegeable response.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19147&p=450428&hilit=iOS+Leaf+Spy#p449494

Oops, that's the thread that I thought I had seen before and didn't find.
Still getting used to these forums.
Thanks, I'll post there (also)

o00scorpion00o said:
Does anyone know how I can change the charging data to show minutes instead of seconds ?
The current test version scales to minutes/hours. Send the email address you used to purchase LeafSpy to the address on the About screen and I will add you to the test group.

What is the method to reset trip data? Mainly the mi/kWh. I reset the app multiple times, reset my phone and it still had an old reading.

It finally reset when I had the car on, app open, then put the car in reverse.

I looked all over expecting to see some "reset" button but maybe I'm missing something.

Turbo3 said:
o00scorpion00o said:
Does anyone know how I can change the charging data to show minutes instead of seconds ?
The current test version scales to minutes/hours. Send the email address you used to purchase LeafSpy to the address on the About screen and I will add you to the test group.

Will do that, thanks.

What is the method to reset trip data? Mainly the mi/kWh. I reset the app multiple times, reset my phone and it still had an old reading.

I looked all over expecting to see some "reset" button but maybe I'm missing something.

LeafMuranoDriver said:

Sorry, don't understand the question. A trip starts when the Leaf starts moving and ends when the Leaf is turned off and you see the words "Saved" at the top of screen 4. There is also a beep at the end of a trip.

Can you post a screenshot and indicate the number(s) you are trying to reset?

I will try to post a screenshot soon but here is the info...

I'm referring to the "Selectable Data Area" on the top left of the "Grey battery" graphic on screen 4. It goes through the following items...

0 RPM
9 Gids

GPS

Trip 1.2 miles
2.2 mi/kWh

Chrg 134.2 miles
8.8 mi/kWh

370.0V x 0.0A
=0.0kW

When I pull up the app, the Trip and Chrg data will not reset. These #'s are stuck there when I turn on the car and start driving. I've tried to reset the app, turn off the car and back on, nothing seems to work. I noticed one time that it reset when I put the car into reverse.

Is there a way to manually reset this data to start recording when you want it to?

Sometimes when I open the app, I get a pop up message that the trip has been restored.

To reset the charge counters manually do a long tap on the select area or the charge numbers to clear them. The charge counters will automatically reset when the app detects the starting Gids are greater than the last trip ending Gids which would indicate a charge has taken place. If you don't let the app detect the end of a trip it will have trouble detecting when a charge has taken place.

It looks like you are not letting the app detect the end of a trip. After you turn the Leaf off let LeafSpy run until it detects the end of trip and you hear the beep and/or see the word "Saved" after the trip timer at the top of screen 4. If you don't let it detect the end it will assume the app was accidentally kill and will restore the last trip values the next time to start the app.

Back