Home charger failed - how long until it's repaired?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguy

What are people's experiences with getting a repair? My unit failed completely last night (in a reboot loop), and I called in early this morning PDT. When I called back this afternoon, they said that it had been escalated to field support, and I'd hear back at some point.

Looks like it won't be today - how long has it generally taken others to get their units repaired?

Yep - this is Blink. Luckily, work provides a charger, and I can handle a roundtrip on a single charge.

I only had one repair: the notorious SD card failure. All has been well beyond that. (Well, other than the ridiculous reboots with the old firmware last year... never messed up charging, though.)

I Waited from November until February, but that was because they were sure that the issue was software and the patch would be out 'next week,' forever. Call everyday and be insistent.

This is a good reason to go out and get the EVSE upgrade... no more depending on a company that will be out of business soon (look at their stock performance)

I got a call from ecotality tonight around 9PM. The soonest they can come out is Friday morning. So that's 3 full days from when I reported the issue. Good thing I'm not totally reliant on them.

I do think i'll be getting the upgrade as backup.

Back