Blink Mobile App Update - Start Charging From Your Phone

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnover

Start an EV Charging Session Directly From your Smartphone

View this email in your browser

Blink HQ Home EV Charger

Patrick:

Blink now offers the convenience of starting an EV charging session directly from your smartphone. The remote start functionality is now available for the Blink EV charging stations via the Blink mobile application (“app”). This feature provides EV drivers with the ability to start an EV charging session directly from the mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android devices.

After locating and selecting a Blink EV charging station on the Blink mobile app, drivers have multiple options for beginning an EV charging session, including signing into their Blink Member account or continuing as a Blink guest and entering your credit card information.

The updated version of the Blink mobile app is currently available on Google Play and the App Store and links for the mobile app are available, as well as the opportunity to become a Blink Member, at http://www.BlinkNetwork.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

In addition to the Blink mobile app, drivers can continue to initiate charging sessions through the touch screen of the Blink EV charging station or by contacting Blink Customer Support.

We also plan to expand the functionality of the Blink mobile app to include paying and initiating EV charging sessions for all public Blink, GE, and SemaConnect EV charging stations, and continue our efforts with other EV charging hardware and network providers to integrate their systems with the Blink Network.

Happy Holidays and Charge On!

Blink Network

Copyright © 2014 Blink Network, All rights reserved.

I am wondering if this just might make it easier to use the Blink chargers that have unreadable screens or are non-responsive to Blink cards. :roll:

Turnover said:
I am wondering if this just might make it easier to use the Blink chargers that have unreadable screens or are non-responsive to Blink cards. :roll:
Yep, I used a Blink with a broken touchscreen the other day and it worked perfectly!

DarkStar said:
Turnover said:
Yep, I used a Blink with a broken touchscreen the other day and it worked perfectly!

that would be great news. this potentially takes the usable rate from the mid 70's to maybe the 90% range...

DarkStar said:
Turnover said:

Will the activation App activation work with NoChargeToCharge card? Unlikely, but if you really need a charge it is worth it.

camasleaf said:
DarkStar said:
Turnover said:

Will the activation App activation work with NoChargeToCharge card? Unlikely, but if you really need a charge it is worth it.
The app uses your Blink account and whatever is listed on the app is what they charge you. I don't know if No Charge to Charge members show different rates in the app.

Back