Assigning Blink EVSE a DHCP Client ID?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

I am looking for the procedure for assigning my Blink EVSE a DHCP client ID. Right now it just shows up on my routers device table as unknown0023610046ac. There is not a parameter on the network settings page for this, but there should be a way of assigning a name to the device.

Since I don't have my home networks DHCP device list memorized by IP address, it would be great to assign it a logical name.

Ideas anyone?

I had a similar issue for finding the TED Gateway that I use to monitor power consumption in the house. I solved this by logging into my router's admin functions and assigning that device a "static DHCP" (or assigned DHCP) address. The device continues to do DHCP, but I just forced the router to always return the same IP address for that specific MAC address.

I then bookmarked the URL for the device's web interface and always am able to find it on the local network. If you want to reach it by name, you could always manually edit the local HOSTS file on your client system.

OrientExpress said:
Yeah, that's what I have now as well, it would just be nice for everything to have a name.
The other way you can do this is to assign a static IP address to the device, then address it by IP address (it's fairly easy to remember something like 192.168.1.99). Although I have no idea how to assign a static IP address on a Blink system, most routers will allow you to do this via the device's MAC address. Amusingly, the name assigned to your Blink device includes your MAC address: 00:23:61:00:46:ac. You don't even have to look it up! :lol:

Back