Today's Blink Survey Email leads to Database Error

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbender

Anyone else get this email and/or error?

The email came around 1:15pm PST and had an introductory question -- Do you have an EV charger in your home? Both the Yes and No button lead me to the following:

Error establishing a database connection

Now, the problem might be quite temporary or not even "on their end", but I found it a bit ironic, regardless. They probably wanted to ask about the reliability of the network :). Guess I/we will find out after they fix their network problem!

It's working now. They probably just sent out tens of thousands of emails at once and didn't think that if even 1% of people clicked on them when they got them their server would not be able to handle it.

I got the database error earlier, but got in tonight

My biggest issue is with their question. My car has an AC charger, not my house. Either way, my charging station is AT my house, not IN my house

essaunders said:
Ingot the database error earlier, but got in tonight

My biggest issue is with their question. My car has an AC charger, not my house. Either way, my charging station is AT my house, not IN my house

Yeah! Blink should cater to the 0.005% of the population that knows what an EVSE is at the expense of everyone else! That's how you build a successful company!

pkulak said:
essaunders said:
I got the database error earlier, but got in tonight

Yeah! Blink should cater to the 0.005% of the population that knows what an EVSE is at the expense of everyone else! That's how you build a successful company!

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic. However, it wouldn't hurt to refer to it as a 'charging station'. I do agree, for the general population, calling it an EVSE wouldn't help.

I will add to this thread my suggestions for improvements to charging equipment. I'd like to see much more widespread energy meters. It shouldn't be hard or costly to display kWh dispensed. ideally, per session and some manually re-settable registers.

I also put in a request for retractable cords. There are some real issues with that, but it might be convenient.

Back