Blink EVSE Fault

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsleaf

Hello, my Blink EVSE from the EV Project gave me a red fault screen today. I restarted the unit and it still won't charge. I can't get the screen to get past the calibration screens because the touch screen stopped working months ago. Does anyone know what might cause this? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it or should I get a different EVSE?

edit: Actually after a second reboot it seems to be working now.

First, the red screen of death is probably being caused by the GFI coil being out of place. Others have reported that when moved, it will not trip as easily (Haven't done this so don't have better info).
Second, it can't hurt to tighten all connections inside the box.
Third, after a re-boot, the unit should revert to previous settings without having to re-calibrate. Leave it alone and it will eventually happen.
Fourth, you can make the unit into a dumb EVSE by pulling one connector.
Fifth, you can get a cloned SD card for the Blink from a certain forum member.

Directions for all of this and more info can be found by using the Google search function to find those threads.

Glad that your Blink is working again.

gsleaf said:
Hello, my Blink EVSE from the EV Project gave me a red fault screen today. I restarted the unit and it still won't charge. I can't get the screen to get past the calibration screens because the touch screen stopped working months ago. Does anyone know what might cause this? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it or should I get a different EVSE?

edit: Actually after a second reboot it seems to be working now.

Back