Free blink stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipcecil

I have noticed in the past couple of weeks many blink stations that previously cost are now free. The first notice was my work. What made this odd is that because we cannot show biased at all for anything (being the gov) it took us a YEAR just to accept FREE blink stations (yes...your gov dollars at work) and to figure out if it was even legal for us to do it. So the fact that our once normal costing stations are free means a black hole has devoured us all into a different dimension - i.e. my work would NEVER pay to cover the cost of the electricity benefiting some employees or even gov officals and not others. :D

Anyways I did more poking and locations I have used (and sometimes frequently) show free - and not with any sort of pattern. Many Khols stores here got them, a couple are free now, most are not. Kroger is the same way. I found a couple that are now free (and I know are not) but most still have a cost.

Is anyone noticing this - it Texas or otherwise? Or have a bunch of places (including my work) decided to pay for electricity all at once?

Pipcecil said:
I have noticed in the past couple of weeks many blink stations that previously cost are now free. The first notice was my work. What made this odd is that because we cannot show biased at all for anything (being the gov) it took us a YEAR just to accept FREE blink stations (yes...your gov dollars at work) and to figure out if it was even legal for us to do it. So the fact that our once normal costing stations are free means a black hole has devoured us all into a different dimension - i.e. my work would NEVER pay to cover the cost of the electricity benefiting some employees or even gov officals and not others. :D

Anyways I did more poking and locations I have used (and sometimes frequently) show free - and not with any sort of pattern. Many Khols stores here got them, a couple are free now, most are not. Kroger is the same way. I found a couple that are now free (and I know are not) but most still have a cost.

Is anyone noticing this - it Texas or otherwise? Or have a bunch of places (including my work) decided to pay for electricity all at once?
I've found one free charger in Tempe, AZ (Tempe Marketplace, southwest corner, by runners store). This Blink charger did not receive a firmware update, and still asks for your zip code. I don't remember if it identifies you by name, but I think not.

Back