High-Power portable EVSE charging cords for sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingineer

Here at EVSEupgrade, We still have some 2012 Panasonic Nissan cords with the same high-power upgrade as the 2013 models, these have all our popular features and come with an L6-30, 30 amp plug. These normally sell for $1027 and we had about 50 but we are now down to about 10 left, and these have a few cosmetic scuffs so we are discounting them all for $650 each until gone. This is a great opportunity to get a second portable or spare cord and these will work on any model year LEAF as well as many other EVs. If you would like to purchase one please send us an email and we can invoice you. Let us know what EV the cord will be used on and if you need any adapters.

evse.jpg

-Phil

Are there any functional differences between these 2012 and the newer 2013/2014 upgraded models?

FYI, the picture of the above unit shows an L6-20 plug, whereas the units we are selling are equipped with L6-30's. Sorry for the confusion!

-Phil

Unfortunately these are limited to 20A Max, as the internal fuses are set for that value. While the rest of the unit is happy to run at 24A, it would blow the fuse in short order.

-Phil

Phil, I have one of the original 16A evse upgrades - how much to upgrade to either one of these 20A units or get it re-upgraded so that the current is programmable?

drees said:
Phil, I have one of the original 16A evse upgrades - how much to upgrade to either one of these 20A units or get it re-upgraded so that the current is programmable?
I asked Mark (from evseupgrade) about maybe trading in my Rev2 16A 2011 evse upgraded brick for one of these high-power evse brick offering, but Mark said they're not accepting trade-ins. I decided instead of spending more money to yet upgrade my Rev2 16A brick again, just to keep it and grab another one of these high-power brick Phil's offering. I probably have 1 too many now, but that's OK, I'll have it for next time I buy another BEV or EREV.

FYI, EVSE Upgrade is having major delays in upgrading units. I shipped my unit to EVSE Upgrade on Tuesday Feb 18th, and received confirmation it was delivered on Thursday Feb 20th. Since I hadn't received any notification that my unit had been shipped back to me I called EVSE Upgrade yesterday to check on the status. I found out they are having server issues causing major delays. I emailed EVSE Upgrade this morning to check on it again and they said they hope to ship out my unit today. I'm super bummed because I don't have a charger at the moment and if it is shipped back to me today it will have been a full 7 business days since my unit was received by EVSE Upgrade to when I received the upgraded unit back from EVSE Upgrade. If it doesn't go out today it will be even longer! Based on the FAQ on EVSE Upgrade's website, along with all the feedback on the forums about the quick turnaround times I thought I would have had my upgraded unit back in my hands by yesterday at the latest. If you are thinking of doing the upgrade I would hold off until the server issues are resolved or go with another option.

Our server issues have been resolved. We apologize for the delays, but we always state typical turn around is 1-2 days, and usually on the same day. (99% are same-day)

The server outage affected our backend database and email which unfortunately meant we could not even contact customers (no DB access) nor ship orders. It has been resolved with new redundant systems in place.

-Phil

Can anyone share source for EVSE Upgrade adapter to connect to "standard" RV 30 amp outlet found in RV parks, camp grounds, etc.? Essentially L6-20R <-> RV 30 male.

Thanks

Back