LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Off Lease Nissan Leaf's in the PNW for sale!!

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:22 pm

In a few months I may be looking for a used 2016 SV. Does he have any used 30kwh Leafs yet?

paulcone
Delivery Date: 21 Oct 2015

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:06 pm

I believe he is strictly selling lease returns (I bought one from him a year ago) so probably not likely to see any 2016s for a while.

LeftieBiker

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 pm

paulcone wrote:I believe he is strictly selling lease returns (I bought one from him a year ago) so probably not likely to see any 2016s for a while.

Some leased cars do get traded back in early, but probably not many 30kwh Leafs, at least not until Leaf 2 is out.

JohnKuthe
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2017

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
paulcone wrote:I believe he is strictly selling lease returns (I bought one from him a year ago) so probably not likely to see any 2016s for a while.

Some leased cars do get traded back in early, but probably not many 30kwh Leafs, at least not until Leaf 2 is out.

Leases are for people who like making car payments! Not for people who like owning cars!!

I own BOTH my cars, this new 2013 Leaf and my 2008 Grand Caravan (for everything else!)

John Kuthe...

LincolnW
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2017

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 am

It's interesting that this thread got bumped today. I was looking at some of the PlattAuto inventory recently because of an ad I saw on CraigsList.

It's nice to see a dealer who's reaching out to participate in the community. I'm looking to purchase a Leaf within the next few weeks so I'll have to keep them in mind during my search. It's a bit of a drive from Hillsboro but if I can find one that fits my set of requirements that's within my budget I'll make the drive.

LeftieBiker

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Leases are for people who like making car payments! Not for people who like owning cars!!

Leaf leases are the best way for typical EV drivers to buy a Leaf. I'm kind of tired of explaining why, so someone else can do it this time.

Durandal
Delivery Date: 22 Sep 2016
Leaf Number: 025018

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

LeftieBiker wrote:

Leaf leases are the best way for typical EV drivers to buy a Leaf. I'm kind of tired of explaining why, so someone else can do it this time.

Such as those who don't have a tax load big enough to take advantage of the $7,500 tax credit? Exactly.

DuncanCunningham
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015

Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Durandal wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:

Such as those who don't have a tax load big enough to take advantage of the $7,500 tax credit? Exactly.

and to the Gentleman who bought his 2013 he paid full price for it.. no discounts from Nissan to buyout the lease for much less, in the end I paid less than $16,500 for my 2015 leaf by leasing it and buying it out before the end of the lease. Had I bought it with cash I would not have been able to get the tax credit in full and i don't know any dealerships able to sell a leaf for that price.

LincolnW
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2017

Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Durandal wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:

I've been trying to figure out if I should lease a new Leaf or purchase a used one. When I called my local dealership they said I would only get the $7,500 tax credit if I purchase a new Leaf, but if I lease one then the dealership gets the credit. Is that not true? I did the math on if I get the $7,500 credit then it makes WAY more sense to lease, but since the dealership told me they get to keep the credit I backed off of the idea.

LeftieBiker

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:17 pm

I've been trying to figure out if I should lease a new Leaf or purchase a used one. When I called my local dealership they said I would only get the $7,500 tax credit if I purchase a new Leaf, but if I lease one then the dealership gets the credit. Is that not true? I did the math on if I get the $7,500 credit then it makes WAY more sense to lease, but since the dealership told me they get to keep the credit I backed off of the idea.

They are ether lying to steer you away from leasing, or are just misstating the truth: that Nissan's financing arm, NMAC, gets the credit but passes it on in the form of a down payment on the lease.

Return to “Business Ads, Deals, Sales and Want To Buy”