For Sale: 2011 Nissan Leaf [SOLD]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveNagy

[EDIT] The car has been sold, Thanks!

Hi guys,

As some of you may know from my other thread about this, I'm having to sell my Leaf. It's a bummer, but what can you do? If I sell to a California resident, I do not have to return my rebate, so I would prefer to do that. But if someone out-of-state wants to pay ~$4,000 extra, and have the car shipped, I certainly won't argue.

It's a white Leaf SL with quick-charge port and floor mats. I bought it from Northbay Nissan back in May, and I have put about 3,100 miles on it. I stopped working in Sept, so the call has been mostly sitting in my garage since then. No kids, food, or smokers have ever been in the car. Always garaged, even at work. Always hand washed. Babied, basically.

I have the California HOV stickers in hand. They have not been applied to the car yet.

The car is about as close to being "like new" as a 7 month car can get, with two exceptions:

One, I replaced the front speakers with much better ones.

Two, on the second day I owned the car, I closed my garage door on it. :eek: This caused tremendous emotional scarring, and scraped about an inch long divot of paint off the very back end of the car. Near and below the left tail light. I took pictures, I just have to upload them somewhere so you guys can see. A bit of touch-up paint would make it all but invisible, but I figured that rather than trying to hide it, I'd let the new owner decide if they wanted to do a repair, and how.

I'm asking $26,000. This appears to be substantially less than what I've seen other used Leafs going for, so feel free to bid it up a ways. ;) I'd really prefer to sell to a private party, rather than to a dealer who will promptly raise the price and re-sell it.

Since I'd rather sell to an actual "Leaf fan", I'll hold off until sometime next week before I list the car anywhere but here. PM me if you're interested, and of course ask anything you like here in this thread.

Good luck, I had a local dealer gIve me a trade in value of $21000 for basically the same car. I do not see dealers offering much more with all of the orphans that are available. Again, good luck.

Yeah, dealers seem to want to offer $20-ish, and then sell for $30-ish. I can't blame them for wanting to make money, but I'd much rather "split the difference" with a private buyer, and do the deal for closer to $25k.

We'll see if it works out that way or not.

Can you tell me more about the model that you have? First and most important question... Does it have the cold winter package?

--Brian

downeykp said:
Good luck, I had a local dealer gIve me a trade in value of $21000 for basically the same car. I do not see dealers offering much more with all of the orphans that are available. Again, good luck.

Wow, that's a big hit -- would be curious what a Carmax would offer; I see they sell new Nissan's out in Baltimore/DC but don't have any new or used LEAF's on their web site yet, this could be a decent test of private sale market for these but with the big federal tax rebate and any other state incentives what you are willing to take off if you're able to claim them versus used car market for these. The shocker for some folks out here is when the Chevy dealer's were selling 'used' Volt's at full list before they came to market here but the new owner couldn't take the fed tax rebate as these were sold as 'used' cars -- I'm not sure if the IL EPA rebate was valid as well, would probably depend on how the car was or if titled; whoever would buy it is sure to ask!

batzman said:
Can you tell me more about the model that you have? First and most important question... Does it have the cold winter package?
No, there was no such thing as the cold weather package when I bought the car. I have the SL (the "best" trim package), plus the quick-charge port, plus floor mats, plus the little cargo net-pocket thing.

Since I haven't gotten too much response here, I'm going to go ahead and take out a Craigslist ad today.

Back