For Sale: 2011 Nissan Leaf SL - $6300 OBO - New 2016 battery - Black (Redondo Beach, CA)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jscrapple

Hi, I'm selling my 2011 Nissan Leaf because we got a new EV with a longer range for my wife's commute so she wouldn't have to charge at work.

We are the original owners and it has been a super reliable car, have had almost zero problems since we got it. The OBD port was replaced a few years back because my knee hit the OBD reader when I got in the car.

• -Available for pickup in Redondo Beach, CA after the holidays, and once the DMV mails us our title, hopefully by Jan. 11th.
    -Black
    -88,400 miles
    -Battery replaced in the Spring of 2016
    -Full 12 bars of battery capacity on the meter
    Edit - New LeafSpy pic added: -85% SOH (if I'm reading the LeafSpy correctly - see pics)
    -SL Model with ChaDeMo quick charge port
    -Brakes, electronics, everything works great
    -Pirelli tires in front and Bridgestones in rear, all with excellent treads left, replaced in the last year-ish, bridgestones are two-ish years old
    -Range meter reads approx. 70-90 miles of range when fully charged. Real world range varies with driving conditions, as with any EV.
    -Has a dent in the front right fender from bumping into a pole when parking (cosmetic only, doesn't affect any functions). It also has small white scratches scattered around it, some of which I have touched up.
    -It hasn't been involved in any accidents other than scraping up against the pole when parking
    -No EVSE (120v charge cord) - it broke several years ago
    -Two key fobs

Others seem to be selling similar cars for about $7000, but because of the dent I knocked off $700, which is the price quoted me to fix it at a highly rated body shop.

Pics and Leafspy screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=126apVq2PmFJKABe9cxR96H4FnTvGHAig

The SOH should be no less than 85% if 12 bars are showing. You seem to be reading one of the other values as SOH, which should be found on the next page.

LeftieBiker said:
The SOH should be no less than 85% if 12 bars are showing. You seem to be reading one of the other values as SOH, which should be found on the next page.
Yep. OP's looking at and posting the wrong screen. The screen with the module voltages and AHr, SOH, Hx, QC and L1/L2 counts is the right one.

cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:
Yep. OP's looking at and posting the wrong screen. The screen with the module voltages and AHr, SOH, Hx, QC and L1/L2 counts is the right one.

Thanks for the heads up! I updated the post and added a pic of the other LeafSpy page to the google drive folder.

powersurge said:
A 2016 battery should not be down to 85% already.. That is really low...

That's 2 1/2 years, 85% doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me based on past research and our previous 2011 battery. Plus, we put a lot of miles on it since the spring of 2016, so lots of charge cycles.

Look at the real world battery capacity losses chart:
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/wiki/battery-capacity-loss/

powersurge said:
A 2016 battery should not be down to 85% already.. That is really low...
Nonsense

Battery degradation is mostly climate dependent. Since we do not know the specifics of OP's climate it is impossible to say anything about the battery in that car. The only thing you could probably say is that if the car is kept in the same area the battery will continue to degrade at the rate seen so far. That presumes that OP did not have behaviors that affect the battery adversely, like keeping the car in a hot, closed garage.

The one caveat to this is that early 30 kWh batteries produced in ~ 2016 were poor quality and degraded quickly. I don't know if that extends to 24 kWh replacement batteries from the same time.

Chris, I’ve found & bought another Leaf but yours sounds nice. Good luck & thanks for posting!

I guess this would be a bit of a long shot, as it's been a while. But I'm going to ask anyway! Is this still available? I'm in Long Beach and can purchase with cash in hand. Thanks!

Back