16A Level 1 and Level 2 Duosida Portable Charging Station For Sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

I am selling a new 16amp portable EVSE with a 22.5 foot J1772 cable (25.5 ft. length end to end). This unit operates on Level 1 120VAC or Level 240VAC and switches automatically. Using optional adapters you can plug this into a standard house outlet, for 120v use, a 240v dryer outlet ect. This is a 16A continuous EVSE. This is intended to be used with a 20A breaker or larger. It is build to plug into a NEMA 6-20 (240v 20amp) outlet.

This EVSE is fixed at 16amps and has 4 status lights; Power, Connected, Charging, Fault. It is slim and smaller than my stock Nissan LEAF EVSE.
12 month warranty from manufacture

Check out price's and plug options here: https://www.bsaelectronics.com/products/16a-3-84kw-portable-charging-station-25-length-evse-d25-16a

It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 16A from 120v or 240v providing
1.92kW at 120v
3.84kW at 240v

If you would like the plug changed I have several on hand. In the case of a 10-30 or 14-30 plug it would allow you to plug into a common 30A Dryer outlet. I also build custom adapters so you may keep the 6-20 plug and adapter to other outlets.
Here are just some of the 12 Plug options:
6-20 (240v 20amp) – included as default
10-30 (240v 30amp) 3-prong Dryer plug used before 1996 –
14-30 (240v 30amp) 4-prong Dryer plug used in 1996+ –
14-50 (240v 50amp) 4-prong Range and RV plug –
6-30 (240v 30amp) 3-prong plug –
6-50 (240v 50amp) 3-prong welder plug –
5-20 (120v 20amp) –

If you would like to see it in action on your EV we can arrange that thru private message at my home, Local pickup in Las Vegas near Smith's grocery on East Flamingo. Payment is by PayPal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

Here is a link to me giving a demo of the EVSE:
https://youtu.be/7FY_56LxlWg

I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your custom built EVSE. I worked hard on a nice PDF featuring some of the custom EVSE's I build and accessories. Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics EVSE flyer.pdf?dl=0

I offer many more adapters, see them here:
https://www.bsaelectronics.com/collections/adapters

Tags:
EVSE
Level 2
OpenEVSE
charging station
220v charging
240v charging
Level 2 fast charger
220 volt charger
240 volt charger

Just a note for people with pre '13 Leafs, or S model Leafs without the charger package. You'll still get the 16a @ 240v charging but your vehicle will limit the 120v charging to 12a(1440w or basically what the OEM EVSE is). Note this can be a plus, if your only plugging into a 15a circuit, but don't expect faster 120v charging with this or any other EVSE.
Personally I think it's a plus as you can then just carry this one EVSE around in your car and not also the OEM EVSE. If it were me I wouldn't "just" carry this EVSE if I had a Leaf that would charger higher(16a) @ 120v as you'd be limiting yourself to ONLY 20a 120v circuits, but thats your call. In emergencies I'd like to be able to plug into any 120v outlet, not just 20a ones, of course if you also carried the OEM EVSE around then it wouldn't be a problem.

Amazon is certainly cheaper at $199 shipped on my Prime account. I do not think the unit is fully J1772 compliant . I think it lacks GFCI as most Chinese units lack this. Never-the -less they wirk fine but they lack a defined safety device.

OpenEVSE for a time also lacked this but now it is fully complaint. Under perfect conditions GFCI is not needed but the spec includes it.

A year old thread. Prices on Amazon have dropped since Brad posted.

This thread only bubbled to the top because of the spam post by pikachu about "vex 3".

(it looks like the 'report' button is missing in the Marketplace section, so it can't be reported)

I did not notice the original date. Sorry.

Prices on Amazon have certainly dropped!

If you have the time 16A will work for you. I could charge most cars overnight at cheaper rates. The beauty of the J1772 spec is that the car will match lessor currents so 16A will work on any modern J1772 car.

jlv said:
A year old thread. Prices on Amazon have dropped since Brad posted.

This thread only bubbled to the top because of the spam post by pikachu about "vex 3".

(it looks like the 'report' button is missing in the Marketplace section, so it can't be reported)
Yes, certainly seems to be a bug!!!!!!
As is no "smilies" or emoticons in the "marketplace" area!

SageBrush said:
Brad,
Have you seen the prices on Amazon ?

Hey guys I updated the desc and removed the prices as it becomes outdated. As heavy competition has driven the price and margin way down on these, I dropped my price down as well.

Back