FS: 16"x7" SSR Type F Wheels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danowpg

As the ad title suggests, I have a set of 16"x7" SSR Type F Wheels. 5x114.3, +42 offset.

Wheels are about 12lbs each, as they are forged. That is about a 9lb savings per wheel.

I had picked them up for my Leaf, but never got around to installing them. The girlfriend is using it mostly now and I'd rather not risk scratching the wheels.

I also have a set of TPMS sensors, brand new.

The actual wheels:

tYHNa5m.jpg

This is a photoshop, but how they might look:

cXfLtFn.jpg

I'm in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. I've shipped wheels south before.

I'm looking for $1,100 USD for the wheels, $150 USD for the 4 TPMS sensors, or $1200 USD for it all.

Shipping would be extra, usually $100-$200.

You can pm me here or dgravenor on gmail

Anyone interested in the wheels? They retailed for about $450 / wheel when new (and they're pretty close to new). They're the perfect size to just swap on.

Price as always with used stuff is OBO.

Most people look for complete wheels and tires for less than $500 plus shipping. (Yes Leaf owners are cheap). Your wheels are nothing to me since I moved up. Raw wheels are a tough sell. Good luck.

Not sure the value of the previous message but wanted to provide some counterpoint/insight:

Forged wheels are not only lighter but also stronger. The only compromise is that it's a very expensive manufacturing process. Dropping that much weight per corner has non-hypothetical benefits
- less unsprung weight
- somewhat less flywheel effect (weight counts more on the outside, so the tire somewhat swamps even such a substantial weight difference of nearly 50% per rim)
-that it's the OEM size means that one can still use OEM size tires

SSR are a top-tier manufacturer, and the cost is commensurate with that; and these are priced appropriately.

IMHO, YMMV (esp. with these wheels), caveat emptor, my $0.02.

Best,
Tal

taloyd said:
Not sure the value of the previous message but wanted to provide some counterpoint/insight:

Forged wheels are not only lighter but also stronger. The only compromise is that it's a very expensive manufacturing process. Dropping that much weight per corner has non-hypothetical benefits
- less unsprung weight
- somewhat less flywheel effect (weight counts more on the outside, so the tire somewhat swamps even such a substantial weight difference of nearly 50% per rim)
-that it's the OEM size means that one can still use OEM size tires

SSR are a top-tier manufacturer, and the cost is commensurate with that; and these are priced appropriately.

IMHO, YMMV (esp. with these wheels), caveat emptor, my $0.02.

Best,
Tal

Thanks Tal,

Yes you are completely correct. While I've seen several threads of people taking 350/370z/murano wheels, those tend to be more for looks than function. They are heavier and larger and they've noticed a negative impact on range.

Stock is about 21lbs, some of the other OEM wheels are close to 24-25 lbs, plus increasing the rim diameter puts the weight farther out from the center of the wheel, and increasing the width just adds to the weight.

These wheels are super light, from a reputable company, look great and will positively impact range.

Aside from driving style changes, there's not a ton we can easily do to change the range of our cars. Putting on lightweight wheels is one very easy thing you can do.

If you're getting a little antsy about your range and making it on your commute, these can help.

Unlike some wild young guys who trick out their Honda civics, I would guess that a typical Leaf owner would GAG at a price of $1100 (plus shipping) on a set of raw rims....

Try going on a VW or Honda site, or on craigslist, and you can probably get $4-600 for the set...

Sorry but I see Leaf buyers bellyache over spending an extra $1000 more on a used Leaf....

Good Luck

powersurge said:
Unlike some wild young guys who trick out their Honda civics, I would guess that a typical Leaf owner would GAG at a price of $1100 (plus shipping) on a set of raw rims....

Try going on a VW or Honda site, or on craigslist, and you can probably get $4-600 for the set...

Sorry but I see Leaf buyers bellyache over spending an extra $1000 more on a used Leaf....

Good Luck
To each their own. I know of many people who would spend 2-3000 on a set of wheels that served a purpose (more if it was a show car).

My second car was a JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STI, and when I sold it I sold a set of 17" forged prodrive wheels to someone who had a car that was similar in price to the Leaf for $1500 usd.

I know there are other places to sell the wheels, but I spent time trying to find something that fit the Leaf perfectly, and I'd rather pass it along to another Leaf'er. And, not to belittle your post, but your 'guess' of $4-600 is just factually wrong. From first hand experience and from people I know who sell wheels as their business, the price is fair, especially considering the market for rare forged wheels has exploded in the past couple of years.

And like I said, if someone needs to get more range out of their Leaf, this is the easiest and cheapest way to do it. Plus, if the rims don't get damaged, they can likely be sold for the same or greater price after their use. Initial purchase price is one number, total cost of ownership is another.

Back