Chicago: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 38K miles 11 bars from Illinois $7100 SOLD

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitrals

Sold. Selling a 1 Owner 2012 Nissan Leaf SL. Has navigation, heated seats, heated steering, rear view camera, solar charger on the roof to name a few features. The tires are in excellent condition and the car is in excellent shape inside out. Non smoker clean car. Clean title, clear carfax. Report will be provided to prospective buyers.38K miles. Selling for $7100. Silver exterior.

For the geeks in us: 11 bars. I will put up the leaf spy stats soon. The car is from Illinois so battery degradation will be lower than the southern states. I can help with shipping the car and can get discounts.

In service date of October 2012. Capacity warranty good till October 2017

VIN# JN1AZ0CP5CT018955

About me: I have a dealers license and get cars from auctions. I have been a leaf enthusiast. This is not my full time job. It's something I do as a hobby

Nogood said:
Hi Mitrals
Do you know if it has the cold weather package? Especially the battery warmer.
I thought it was standard on '12s and beyond: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/19/2012-nissan-leaf-higher-price-tag-standard-equipment/.

I do not right now. Leaf prices have been on the rise and 2012s are getting harder to get. Pm me your e-mail address and we can talk more

mitrals said:
Sold. Selling a 1 Owner 2012 Nissan Leaf SL. Has navigation, heated seats, heated steering, rear view camera, solar charger on the roof to name a few features. The tires are in excellent condition and the car is in excellent shape inside out. Non smoker clean car. Clean title, clear carfax. Report will be provided to prospective buyers.38K miles. I can be reached on 224 558 3260. Selling for $7100. Silver exterior.

For the geeks in us: 11 bars. I will put up the leaf spy stats soon. The car is from Illinois so battery degradation will be lower than the southern states. I can help with shipping the car and can get discounts.

In service date of October 2012. Capacity warranty good till October 2017

VIN# JN1AZ0CP5CT018955

About me: I have a dealers license and get cars from auctions. I have been a leaf enthusiast. This is not my full time job. It's something I do as a hobby

Sorry, but I still find this a sad note (but of course great news for those in the used market) that a car that listed for over $37K has lost $30K of value in less than 4 years! Yes, I know (at least perhaps for the original owner in IL; these cash rebates are gone now) you need to deduct both the 10% MSRP IL EPA rebate and the $7,500 Fed Tax Credit but still --- recall an '06 Mazda3 GT 5-door hatch (quite similar size; just not of course an EV) that I paid about $23K new still had a trade-in value of $9K after 6 years and just under 60K miles on the '12 LEAF SL that replaced it --- my '12 is 11 months older than the car listed here; a bit over 39K miles and perhaps now what, $5 or $6K at trade-in? Of course its all on paper until you do something but a bit of a shocker for those that bought these instead of leasing ... mine is also at 11 bars so definitely not on track to get the 'free' battery replacement; its still quite cheap to both run and maintain so its not going anywhere until Tesla Model 3's show up out our way --- I've kept an ICE for trips, etc. so this is our work commuter so I can wait things out -- on OP's last note; perhaps we've seen the price bottom out on these?

Redleaf: all the cars I have bought and sold have been leased vehicles so Nissan is the one losing money here. Unfortunately leaf is not a car for everyone. My daily commute went from 20 miles to 60 miles without reliable charging at work and the leaf no longer works for me in winter. I switched to a cmax energi. It's painful for buyers that bought new but the savings in gas and maintenance reduces the pinch a little

mitrals said:
Redleaf: all the cars I have bought and sold have been leased vehicles so Nissan is the one losing money here. Unfortunately leaf is not a car for everyone. My daily commute went from 20 miles to 60 miles without reliable charging at work and the leaf no longer works for me in winter. I switched to a cmax energi. It's painful for buyers that bought new but the savings in gas and maintenance reduces the pinch a little

Yes, we also had at least one and perhaps a few other Chicagoland early adopter LEAF owners who needed to switch to a Volt or other PHEV because of range; not because of degradation but winter driving or job change, etc. --- I still can do 60 miles during 3 seasons fairly easily but my M-F work commute hasn't changed at 30 miles R/T and that would still be at 80% charging. The car is still somewhat pampered; M-F 80% charged; 100% on weekends; heated and cooled garage; L2 charging at home about 99% of the time --- last winter was a bit mild so not many days did it stay home; first adopters always take a chance on the eventual residual values so that's something I accept but don't have to like it!

mitrals said:
I do not right now. Leaf prices have been on the rise and 2012s are getting harder to get. Pm me your e-mail address and we can talk more
Thank you!
Just bought a 2013 one.
I noticed that, prices are rising, aren't they?

Back