30A 7.2kW OpenEVSE portable waterproof w/Blue LCD and programmable start/stop time

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

30A 7.2kW OpenEVSE portable waterproof w/Blue LCD and programmable start/stop times
I have a 30A portable waterproof OpenEVSE for sale with a Yazaki 30A J1772 25 foot cable. I can change the cable one of my custom braided cables at no charge. This unit operates on Level 1 120VAC or Level 240VAC. Using optional adapters you can plug this into a standard house outlet, for 120v use, a 240v dryer outlet ect. This is a 24A continuous EVSE. This is mounted in a PolyCase WC Series Polycarbonate Enclosure with Clear Cover - NEMA Rated for outdoor use. It is build to plug into a NEMA L6-30 outlet (30A Twist-lock). An EVSE is considered a continuous load so 24A is the max for a 30A breaker. But can be dialed lower to whatever circuit you may find in the wild via the menu. I added a free Real Time Clock processor board allowing programmable start/stop times.

Also available in higher power versions, see the PDF for examples with pics!

It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 24A
The EVSE may be set in multiple steps on Level 1 and 2 independently.
Level 1: 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24A
Level 2: 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24A

Memory is retained for each level separately.

I can now customize the firmware to whatever values you like before shipping. I chose these values to give the user flexibility for various outlets found in the wild. I go higher on the 120v side than you normally get so if you use a RV 30A outlet you can take advantage of faster charging. in my test my LEAF could pull 3.3 kilowatts (27.5A @ 120V)

Specs/features:
OpenEVSE control board
RTC processor board
All nuts/bolts/washers are STAINLESS STEEL
The base plate inside is a custom aluminum plate.
Yazaki 30A J1772 25 foot cable
The relays are quality Potter & Brummfield 30A units.
The input cable is 30A, 1ft, 10ga. with a L6-30 plug (30A Twist-lock).
It has a monochrome white on blue display
I used a metal blue lighted ring Menu/Select button. With IP65 water resistance rating
Heat shrink tubing used throughout.
All parts are new.

If you would like the unit customized I can do that for the difference in parts. In the case of a 14-50 plug it's no charge and would allow you to plug into a common 50A range outlet. I also build custom adapters, see my other thread

The cost is $495.00 plus $25 for UPS ground shipping in the continental USA.
I offer a 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty on all my EVSE’s

If you would like to see it in action on your EV we can arrange that thru private message at my home. Local pickup in Las Vegas near Smith's grocery on East Flamingo. Payment is by PayPal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

I worked hard on a nice PDF featuring some of the EVSE's I build and accessories. Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics%20EVSE%20flyer.pdf?dl=0

I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Example I can build this one here for the same price and make the Whip longer for well under $2/ft up to 50ft. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Optional Adapter #1 5-15P Plug to L6-30R socket adapter 1ft. $33.00

Optional Adapter #2 14-50P Plug to L6-30R socket Adapter 3ft. $36.50

Case Specs:
Case measures 7.63 x 4.63 x 3.09 in.
Designed to IP65 of IEC 529 and NEMA 1, 2, 4, 4x, 12 and 13 specifications
Silicone rubber gasket makes this ideal for outdoor use in a wide range of adverse conditions
Molded on surface-mounting flanges
Captive, stainless steel screws thread into brass inserts for cover on/cover off applications
UL Listed to UL508-4x specifications (File E194432)

Main Board Specs:
Open Source - Hardware (Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA) and Firmware (GNU GPL v3)
Fully supports SAE J1772 Recommended Practice
Software adjustable pilot
4W Switch Mode Power Supply Integrated
Built in GFCI with 20ma trip point
Supports all J1772 states including “ventilation required”
Supports Diode check
AC L1 – L2 auto detect Current setting for each
Ground verification and Stuck Relay detection

Back