2014 Silver Leaf S w/QC for sale/lease transfer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daaxix

On hold until new lessee completes lease transfer or the offer falls through

I have a 2014 Leaf S up for grabs with the QC package, truck thingy, floor mats, etc.

Pictures are here : http://tucsonverve.com/photos/current/nggallery/main/nissan-leaf

Asking $16,000.

I'm negotiable, please make offers for either lease takeover or purchase.

I love this car, but am moving to Australia, and they don't allow imports of right hand drive cars for longer than one month.

The car has 15,000 miles, and my wife just drove it 70 miles yesterday, half of that with the A/C at full blast, and lots of time on the freeway, and returned home with 18% charge left.

Hi.

I would like to take over your lease. My FICO score is 820. I don't know much about leases, but the timing is good. I just want a Leaf for a year or two until Tesla X comes out. I live in Long Beach, Calif., but if you are willing, we could figure something out. I'm sorry not to be sending you a monthly payment offer at this time - I have very little familiarity with leases. But I will do all possible to make the learning curve short.

My cell number is 562 644-5961.

Patricia, this forum is a little too accessible to the Web to be posting your cell number. Expect a huge amount of junk calls if you leave it up. Use a private message instead.

PatriciaChen said:
Hi.

I would like to take over your lease. My FICO score is 820. I don't know much about leases, but the timing is good. I just want a Leaf for a year or two until Tesla X comes out. I live in Long Beach, Calif., but if you are willing, we could figure something out. I'm sorry not to be sending you a monthly payment offer at this time - I have very little familiarity with leases. But I will do all possible to make the learning curve short.

Yes, you should take that phone number off ASAP. I'm currently in negotiations with someone in Phoenix, they are willing to do ~$200/month.

Let me know if you can do better than that.

There are a few caveats and other costs that you should be aware of,

1. The lease transfer fee is $250.

2. The disposition (turn in) fee is $400, we can cover part of this.

3. There are charges at the lease disposition if there is more than
normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear terms can be found here :
https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/EndOfLease/Wear_and_Use_Guide.pdf.
Nissan usually does an inspection about 2 months prior to disposition.

4. Nissan requires that I stay on as a co-signer even under a lease
transfer. Since this means that I remain liable for the car, a separate
contract between us will be required stating that you are liable for any
damage which you cause and for any accidental loss (i.e. car accident or
other damage), and you must maintain full coverage insurance.

5. Since I have an offer from a person Phoenix, you would have to pay to ship the car to CA, since I can drive the car to Phoenix, and don't have to help pay for shipping the car there.

Update and info for others trying to do this.

1. NMAC is extremely difficult to get on the phone. Plan 1-3 hours. I was hung up on by the automated phone system 6 times before finally being put on hold for a representative, and the hold time was 50 minutes.
  2. NMAC will mail you the documents that you need, you can request them to email them to you instead.
  3. NMAC stated that they take 4-6 weeks to process the new lessee.
  4. The $250 fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, even if the new lessee fails the credit application.

LeftieBiker said:
There is a better phone number for NMAC posted in the end of lease options topic, somewhere.

I tried a bunch of different ones, they all forward to the same NMAC line now. I think their website change has really increased their call volume lately.

Someone in Phoenix has agreed to take over the lease and has submitted the transfer documentation.

This offer is on hold until the transfer is completed or falls through.

Back