AeroVironment Charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

Nissan charger on a stand.

New from the dealer in 2102..$1,000

No longer have the car..totaled in an accident..so for sale at $750 or best offer.

If interested, PM me and I will put you in contact with the seller.

CL is Craig's List. It is a free service and you have to wade through fraud and spam. That said, sometimes there are bargains.

Your EVSE was one of the first EVSEs availablle and it is a good EVSE. In todays market it ts really over priced. You can get GE EVSEs on sale brand new at Home Depot for $399 with a warranty.

I think $100 is low but I feel the real value price is around $300. Good luck, I know that you paid a lot for it in the past but it is now today. I paid over $300 for just the J1772 connector and wire two years ago. Now they are brand new on Ebay for $125.

I did buy one branded nissan for $325 and it has 25ft cable, and only catch is that I have to remove from their wall which is like 5~15 mins
easy job, it is still working and charging great

Thanks for the replies fellas..

The unit isn't mine..it belongs to a woman who approached me, (I was in my Leaf,) as she had a Leaf that had been totaled and since she didn't replace the car with another Leaf, she had the charger for sale. We had a nice conversation..she gave me her name, # and address..so I'm pretty confident it hadn't fallen off the back of a truck..although I have never seen the unit. I was just trying to be a good citizen in a match maker kind of way!!

I told her I thought she might be able to sell it for 3 to 3.5, but she wanted for me to ask for more since she paid the 1k and it was like new. That's where the 7.5 came from.

Told her I would put it up on the site and maybe someone might have an interest..but I doubted it as most of us already have a station.

Somehow, the "I'm selling it for a lady I met on the street" story sounds a little fishy... Either way, you can get a new one of that model for that. A deal on a used several year old electrical appliance is 50 % or less off of the current selling price... Just basic common sense.

What can I say..I'm sitting in my black on black '13 SLV Leaf in a parking lot while I wait for my wife to buy some groceries and she comes to my car window asking me how much I liked the car...After 45 minutes of raving about it..well maybe a minute..she tells me her story. Being a good Leaf and Leaf community supporter, I offered to put her charger up for sale..thus the initial post.

Anyway, I think it has died on the vine, with really no offers..so I feel I have done my "job" as a proud Leaf owner and supporter!!

Hello,

I'm a new owner of a used 2012 leaf. If the charger is still for sale at a reasonable price i would be interested...

Thanks!

Dave.

Lammer said:
Hello,

I'm a new owner of a used 2012 leaf. If the charger is still for sale at a reasonable price i would be interested...

Thanks!

Dave.

Just received PM..sent as requested.

(Hadn't been on there site for awhile, so missed this. Have no idea as to what she would sell it for..haven't kept her up to date for quite some time as there has been no interest from the site. My own opinion is $500 would be a stretch..$350 a bargain...$200 well, shall we say stealing?)

Enjoy your "new" Leaf!!

The poster stated that the EVSE was posted for a friend and it was not his.

He stated that he found the price high but he had no power to negotiate. Given this, I really think the over priced EVSE is not available.

Home depot regularly sells a GE EVSE for $399 so if you want a UL approved unit that is the way to go. For more money, Clipper Creek is favored here.

GlennD said:

He stated that he found the price high but he had no power to negotiate. Given this, I really think the over priced EVSE is not available.

Home depot regularly sells a GE EVSE for $399 so if you want a UL approved unit that is the way to go. For more money, Clipper Creek is favored here.
Perhaps Dave bought it.(11-30 posting.)

Dave, will you let us know?

greengate said:
GlennD said:

Perhaps Dave bought it.(11-30 posting.)

Dave, will you let us know?

PS:

I have the Clipper Creek 20 amp model because I have only 30 amp service in my garage.

It's been in service for nearly 2 years now and works very well.

Back