2013 Nissan Leaf SL ** sold **

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laalan

19,000 miles. All options including Bose. Red. Proud owner of a newer RAV4

Great condition. Plates just renewed. Carpool stickers. See it in Los Alamitos or Orange, CA

Would like $15,000, which is below Edmunds trade in value.

laalan said:
19,000 miles. All options. Red. Proud owner of a newer RAV4

Great condition. Plates just renewed. Carpool stickers. See it in Los Alamitos or Orange, CA

Would like $17,500, which is Edmunds trade in value.

Good Luck!. I tried for KBB and I was shown actual auction prices from 13K to 15K. I got 15K trade in on my 2013 SL Premium.

At the end of the day, it may be worth only $15,000. I started with Edmunds trade in value, but have not validated it with a dealer yet. It gives me a data point and I appreciate the feedback.

I haven't had the chance yet to see what the Nissan Dealer will pay for it. The last two I had went to the Nissan Dealer and they were very fair.

My preference is always to give the opportunity to private buyers that may have an interest. We are now a Tesla/Rav4 family. Nissan has been good to us though.

laalan said:
At the end of the day, it may be worth only $15,000. I started with Edmunds trade in value, but have not validated it with a dealer yet. It gives me a data point and I appreciate the feedback.

I haven't had the chance yet to see what the Nissan Dealer will pay for it. The last two I had went to the Nissan Dealer and they were very fair.

My preference is always to give the opportunity to private buyers that may have an interest. We are now a Tesla/Rav4 family. Nissan has been good to us though.

If you want another Nissan then they are the best place to trade in your car. For outright purchase there is always Carmax. The Leaf resale value is so bad that Carmax offered me 12K. They used to be the best place to sell to but I assume they got stuck with a few cars. I think it is pretty pathetic that a year and a half old car that cost 34K is now worth 12K. I have heard the Volt is even worse.

Got lucky two years ago when we traded in 2 2011s. About $17,000 each back then plus some incentives toward the 2013.

The Mercedes B is a new entry and it will be interesting to see how that car does. The RAV4s seem to be holding their own, but time will tell.

I enjoy being green. Fuel savings and convenience are a big factor along with the carpool sticker.

GlennD said:
I think it is pretty pathetic that a year and a half old car that cost 34K is now worth 12K.

While I agree that the depreciation is unfortunate and real, it's really a 24K car that is now worth 12K. It's not fair to compare the price before incentives to the used price, since those incentives are still available for those purchasing new.

I agree. So if I lose $6k per year, worse case, I hope, it isn't bad. Offset by fuel savings to some extent and saving the planet for the rest.

yes and no. the vast majority of people do not "quality" for most of the incentives unless they buy new and the depreciation accounts for the incentives the first owner got.

tis why I had to buy mine used. No incentives. not a penny.

Back