2013 Leaf S for sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to sell my Leaf, but I'm moving to Australia, so I can't even take my Leaf with me.

Since I will have to sell my Leaf soon (a 2014 S with Quick Charger, 10500 miles) can you post up the actual price that it sells for?

I'm going to lose my shirt on this if I can only get $14-15000.

I looked into getting one in "Oz," and they don't get subsidies, and just the stripper S model costs US$32,000 (AUS$40,000), so it isn't going to happen.

Thanks,

PS, maybe a mod should sticky a price sold and model year/model post so that we can start a database of what our Leafs are selling for.

regor57 said:
Its still for sale, i got sick of all the people calling me and wanting me to give the car to them!

Yes, I had one guy offer me $10,000. At that price, paying off my entire lease is nearly half as much of a loss as selling to him! I should have waited and gotten a Leaf in the used market if they really are going for that little.

Does anyone have any insight?

Are used 2014/2015 Leafs actually selling for $10-12,000 for the S models?

daaxix said:
Are used 2014/2015 Leafs actually selling for $10-12,000 for the S models?

Not too many 2014s but a boatload of 2013s are available. 2013 SV is available for under 10K in Phoenix metro area. Most of these are lease returns and are being sold by the dealers after they bought them at auction.

Leaf resale is truly awful! Transferring a lease leaves you on the hook if the buyer defaults. Nissan leaves you on the lease so unless you have a sterling buyer it is not a good deal.

Yes, a basic S could be worth only 10K. I got 15K for my 2013 SL premium in January. It would be worth thousands less today.

XeonPony said:
Odds are you'd be better off having the car freighted to Aussy land! It is doable from what I understand.

steering wheel is on the wrong side and I'm not sure about import taxes. AUS love to taxes things more than the UK or the US.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're going to be lucky to get over $10k for it, now that the 2016 is available for order. 2014's are going for $12-14k.

regor57 said:
Its still for sale, i got sick of all the people calling me and wanting me to give the car to them!
Craigslist people are terrible and need to be treated like petulant children. This includes very clear, concise specification of what behavior will be tolerated. For example I always say in my ads that if you're reading this it's still for sale, price is firm, don't contact me unless you are ready to buy and let me know what time, etc. I still get people offering lower amounts on things, asking if it's still for sale, etc.

Selling cars is even harder. I'd try a real method like autotrader. Selling used cars is no fun, though and I stopped doing it a few years ago. Would rather eat the $1000-1500 by throwing it at a dealer and be done without any hassle to be honest.

regor57 said:
Selling used cars is no fun, though and I stopped doing it a few years ago. Would rather eat the $1000-1500 by throwing it at a dealer and be done without any hassle to be honest.

I couldn't agree more. I just get quotes from local dealers and go with the best offer. I just sold my 2008 Lexus SC430 to a local Lexus dealer. They offered me $3,000 more than every other dealer and about $1,000 less than what I could have sold it privately. I walked into the dealer and 30 minutes later I had a check. No hassles with dealing with buyers coming to my house wanting to low ball or just take it for a test drive.

Back