for sale: 2014 Gun Metal Grey Leaf SL SOLD!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The newest thing in Georgia, people selling their fairly new LEAF for more than they have in it to buy a brand new LEAF and take the government incentives a second time before Georgia cuts or eliminates the Georgia incentive.

You never know, the politicians in the state capital may be watching :lol: :lol:

TimLee said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The newest thing in Georgia, people selling their fairly new LEAF for more than they have in it to buy a brand new LEAF and take the government incentives a second time before Georgia cuts or eliminates the Georgia incentive.

You never know, the politicians in the state capital may be watching :lol: :lol:

Tim, I'm not selling for "more than" I have "in it". I'm asking $3,000 less than what KBB list the car for as a private party sale. Also there is nothing wrong with using the state incentive every year - the politicians aren't cutting the tax credit because (legally) companies, organizations and people are using it yearly, they are cutting it because Ford, GM, and every other car company that does not make a 100% EV do NOT get the credit, and they feel it is unfair.

The price is very location dependent. I would assume somewhere in America KBB prices apply but certainly not in Southern California. When I purchased my Mercedes B Class the dealer showed me Mannheim prices. KBB was around 19K but the auction prices were 13 to 15K. I got 15K because Mercedes was desperate to lease me a CARB car since my score was 835.

Good luck in your endiver.

GlennD said:
The price is very location dependent. I would assume somewhere in America KBB prices apply but certainly not in Southern California. When I purchased my Mercedes B Class the dealer showed me Mannheim prices. KBB was around 19K but the auction prices were 13 to 15K. I got 15K because Mercedes was desperate to lease me a CARB car since my score was 835.

Good luck in your endiver.
Yep. But in this case even Black Book, which in my experience has been a much more accurate gauge of value than KBB or NADA, shows the trade in at a little over $18K and "Extra Clean Retail" at $22,225.00. Typically Black Book's "Trade In" value trends closer to the actual selling price here in Texas. OP isn't that far off in his asking price, maybe $1500 on the high side.

http://www.cudlautosmart.com/Research/TradeInValues.aspx?provider=BlackBook&WT.svl=ToolsAndMore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife and I will be on the market for a LEAF at the beginning of May 2015.

We want the Leaf to have
'quick charge'
6.6kw ports
everything else is just gravy.

We are considering purchasing new, but not a lease. Currently in UTAH (where we live) prices for 'on the road' model S NEW 2015 is about 28,000. I'm yet to figure out if I can use the full Tax benefits so a low mileage used one is still in our scope of consideration.

i've noticed georgia prices tend to be lower then the rest of the us due to the $5000 government hand out on top of the $7500 the feds already give.

2014GunMetalSL said:
car has been sold, thanks!
I guess technically you sold it.
But what you really did was trade it in.
A trade in was probably much better than $ available through selling.
Congratulations though :D
A brand new LEAF three years straight is pretty nice deal :D

2014GunMetalSL said:
we've done this 3 years running now. we traded our 2013 and got a great deal on a 2014, with the tax credit, we made 1,000. We traded our 2014 for a 2015 and walked away owing a little.

It's nice driving a new car every year and not having to pay for it! Going to miss the Georgia tax credits.

TimLee said:
2014GunMetalSL said:
car has been sold, thanks!
I guess technically you sold it.
But what you really did was trade it in.
A trade in was probably much better than $ available through selling.
Congratulations though :D
A brand new LEAF three years straight is pretty nice deal :D

2014GunMetalSL said:
we've done this 3 years running now. we traded our 2013 and got a great deal on a 2014, with the tax credit, we made 1,000. We traded our 2014 for a 2015 and walked away owing a little.

It's nice driving a new car every year and not having to pay for it! Going to miss the Georgia tax credits.

Pretty sure Nalley Nissan in Georgia is very close to hitting it's sales number for the month...meaning they get a huge bonus that far far out weights the loss of the trade. Also fairly certain this will be the last year of the free money from the state of Georgia. :eek:

2014GunMetalSL said:
Pretty sure Nalley Nissan in Georgia is very close to hitting it's sales number for the month...meaning they get a huge bonus that far far out weights the loss of the trade. Also fairly certain this will be the last year of the free money from the state of Georgia. :eek:
2014GunMetalSL said:
Alexis (with Nalley Nissan) was nice enough to confirm she would meet my number (all by email). When I brought the car in, she handed me off to her salesman, Dino Curic (who was awesome to work with). They kept to the deal, and honored the numbers.

They gave me 20k for my 2014 with 10,500miles, which was insanely generous. I think Nalley is close to hitting it's sales quota, which makes taking a loss on the trade of the 2014 a little easier. I'm thrilled to be driving a 2015 for close to nothing. :p

An amazingly good trade in price.
You are probably correct, needing to hit the monthly sales number.
I considered trading in my one and a half year old 2011 on a 2013 SL when they first came out and best they would offer was $17,000.
And I didn't have your great fortune of Georgia $5,000 incentive :cry:

Can you update your top post with how much it sold for, condition, and the mileage (and model number and year)?

Thanks,

Back