30A 7.2kW OpenEVSE portable waterproof w/Blue LCD For Sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

EDIT: This one is sold but I have received a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. I can build this same one again. Private message me or if you have a general question you think the rest of the community can benefit from post it here.

30A 7.2kW OpenEVSE portable waterproof w/Blue LCD
I bought a 2013 Nissan LEAF and love it! I have a heavy electrical background and was inspired when I saw some DIY units for sale here. I apologize to those who read this before, I’m still fighting to get my pay.>>Work has been very slow and my employer is now months behind in paying the other employee and I. :cry: This has caused a severe financial hardship. It's a very stressful time with 2 little boys. I need to support my family anyway I can and am hoping to build and sell a few EVSE's. Thanks for reading this, Now on to the fun stuff!!

I have a 30A portable waterproof OpenEVSE for sale with a Custom 40A J1772 15 foot cable using a 63A plug. I can change the cable for a longer one for less than $2/ft up to 50ft. This unit operates on Level 1 120VAC or Level 240VAC. Using optional adapters you can plug this into a standard house outlet, for 120v use, a 240v dryer outlet ect. This is a 30A continuous EVSE. This is mounted in a PolyCase WC Series Polycarbonate Enclosure with Clear Cover - NEMA Rated for outdoor use. This is intended to be used with a 40A breaker or larger. It is build to plug into a NEMA L6-30 outlet (30A Twist-lock). An EVSE is considered a continuous load so 32A is the max for a 40A breaker. But can be dialed lower to whatever circuit you may find in the wild via the menu, see my video demo link below.
Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics%20EVSE%20flyer.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also available in higher power versions, see the PDF for examples with pics!

It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 30A
The EVSE may be set in multiple steps on Level 1 and 2.
Level 1: 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30A
Level 2: 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30A

Memory is retained for each level separately.

I can now customize the firmware to whatever values you like before shipping. I chose these values to give the user flexibility for various outlets found in the wild. I stop at 30A as this is what the relays and cables are rated for. I go higher on the 120v side than you normally get so if you use a RV 30A outlet you can take advantage of faster charging. in my test my LEAF could pull 2.64kilowatts (22A @ 120V)

Specs/features:
OpenEVSE v.2.5Plus board
All nuts/bolts/washers are STAINLESS STEEL
The base plate inside is 1/4" thick high quality plexi, no thin stuff here.
Custom 40A J1772 15 foot cable using a 63A plug. and PET braided sleeving.
The relays are quality Potter & Brummfield 30A units.
The input cable is 30A, 1ft, 10ga. with a L6-30 plug (30A Twist-lock).
It has a monochrome white on blue display
I used a metal blue lighted ring Menu/Select button. With IP65 water resistance rating
Heat shrink tubing used throughout.
All parts are new.

here is a link to the owner’s manual:
https://code.google.com/p/open-evse/wiki/Users_Guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a video of me demoing the unit optioned with the L6-30 plug and 30’ Whip:
https://youtu.be/G107ckzINQE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you would like the unit customized I can do that for the difference in parts. In the case of a 14-50 plug it's no charge and would allow you to plug into a common 50A range outlet. I also build custom adapters, see my other thread

If you would like to see it in action on your EV we can arrange that thru private message at my home. Local pickup in Las Vegas near Smith's grocery on East Flamingo. Payment is by PayPal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

I worked hard on a nice PDF featuring some of the EVSE's I build and accessories. Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics%20EVSE%20flyer.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Example I can build this one here for the same price and make the Whip longer for well under $2/ft up to 50ft. Private message me or if you have a general question you think the rest of the community can benefit from post it here.

Optional Adapter #1 5-15P Plug to L6-30R socket adapter 1ft.

Optional Adapter #2 14-50P Plug to L6-30R socket Adapter 3ft.

Case Specs:
Case measures 7.63 x 4.63 x 3.09 in.
Designed to IP65 of IEC 529 and NEMA 1, 2, 4, 4x, 12 and 13 specifications
Silicone rubber gasket makes this ideal for outdoor use in a wide range of adverse conditions
Molded on surface-mounting flanges
Captive, stainless steel screws thread into brass inserts for cover on/cover off applications
UL Listed to UL508-4x specifications (File E194432)

Main Board Specs:
Newest version 2.5Plus
Open Source - Hardware (Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA) and Firmware (GNU GPL v3)
Fully supports SAE J1772 Recommended Practice
Software adjustable pilot (6A – 30A)
4W Switch Mode Power Supply Integrated
Built in GFCI with 20ma trip point
Supports all J1772 states including “ventilation required”
Supports Diode check
AC L1 – L2 auto detect Current setting for each
Ground verification and Stuck Relay detection

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Because of lawyers I have to add this. These EVSE’s and adapters are intended for use ONLY by responsible adults. Because they are hand-made, they are not UL listed - but are made from UL listed parts. 240v electricity is serious business and caution should be exercised while using any EVSE. For safety's sake, do not use EVSE’s and adapters outdoors in inclement weather unless it is a model that specifically says Outdoor or Waterproof. You should always install a GFCI breaker not a standard one for any and all circuits a person can come in contact with This EVSE has a GFCI built inside that protects from that point down line. (The J plug side of the EVSE is safe for outdoors in all weather). BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH USING THIS EVSE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THEIR USE.

This one is sold but I have received a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. I can build this same one again. Private message me or if you have a general question you think the rest of the community can benefit from post it here.

Back